View Diary: Oak Creek, Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting (133 comments)

•  the usual suspects: ignorance, fear & hatred (20+ / 0-)

and the Lord spoke unto Abraham and said "I shall give you obedient & subservient wives in all the corners of the world" and Abraham said, "But Lord, you have made the earth round" and the Lord spaketh, "I get My laughs where I can."

by bnasley on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 10:06:01 AM PDT

•  It's too soon to cast aspersions. Let's wait until (2+ / 0-)
      Horace Boothroyd III, Tamar

we know it's a racially motivated attack before we cast them aspersions where they belong.

-We need Healthcare Reform... but i'm selfish, I Need Healthcare reform-

by JPax on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 10:34:50 AM PDT

•  well, no (13+ / 0-)

its either religiously or racially motivated.  there were larger crowds elsewhere on a Sunday morning.  These people were targeted

•  could be a personal reason and not racially (1+ / 0-)
          Tamar

motivated. And at the time, it wasn't know if it was a white attacker.

-We need Healthcare Reform... but i'm selfish, I Need Healthcare reform-

by JPax on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 11:34:46 AM PDT

•  there isn't a personal reason (0+ / 0-)

to attack a community of people.  even if the shooter had been Sikh  or whatever else, the target was Sikhs at worship.  that is a religious or racially motivated attack.  Not only whites are capable of racially motivated attacks.

its time to stop dancing around issues like this.  when someone targets a group of people, then it is fair to talk about who they were targeting.

Even if the person were a Sikh who didn't like the priest at the guradawra and committed these acts, it would be a religiously motivated attack that targeted the Sikh.

When someone goes to the premiere of an anticipated movie and shoots indiscriminately into a diverse crowd, we can speculate on motives.

When someone targets a small group that shares religious and ethnic ties during a time of day when far more mayhem could have been caused in much larger crowds, there isn't any speculation necessary.

•  are you fucking serious? (7+ / 0-)

a white shaved-head gunman shooting up a sikh temple?

•  SERIOUSLY???!!! I'm sick of this shit!! (7+ / 0-)

It's ANOTHER racially, bigoted, ignorance motivated attack fueled by the RIGHT WING MEDIA that keeps on pushing 24/7, ALL HATE RADIO, and FOX 24/7 IGNORANT LYING BROADCASTS that target low information voters and dumb white bigots and morons ON PURPOSE!!  It's BLATANT hate fueled propaganda and we keep letting it go on!!!
        My kundalini yoga teacher was a sikh. Most peaceful, loving man I've known....
        This is PURE IGNORANT HATE FUELED TRAGEDY.... brought on by our complacent acceptance of fake "news" outlets like right wing hate radio and FOX NEWS!!  ..... don't even try and deny it.....

Goodbye American Dream.... http://youtu.be/ZkTIEeGX6q0

by Fireshadow on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 11:48:29 AM PDT

•  and you know this how? (1+ / 0-)
          JPax

4π^3 + π^2 + π

by Boris49 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 11:54:39 AM PDT

•  Fucking punter thinks he's a psychic. (0+ / 1-)
          Hidden by:
          bnasley

Where you on site? Do you know why the shooter or shooters went shooting? No? Maybe you're right, but until we know for sure, STFU!

There'll be plenty of time to play politics after we know the facts, dumbass.

-We need Healthcare Reform... but i'm selfish, I Need Healthcare reform-

by JPax on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 12:46:54 PM PDT

•  ya' know, i wasn't going to reply to any of your (0+ / 1-)
            Hidden by:
            JPax

comments, as i don't bother responding to people who either don't read for content or have their own axes to grind.  However, since you decided to go there i have a few things to say about your position that

It's too soon to cast aspersions. Let's wait until

i said naught about rascism or religious intolerance or any specific bigotry.  What I did say was responsible was ignorance, fear & hatred which, except possibly for suicides, is pretty much the underlying cause of ALL shootings.

Or is there some large percentage of shootings that were just wacky collegiate hi-jinks i don't know about?

Or maybe the media hasn't been reporting on the significant number of shootings done by people just trying to get their money's worth before the "best if used by _" date on the ammo has expired.

Or perhaps there's a large number of mass murdering shooters who were both incredibly dedicated but phenomenally inept at cleaning their rifles and history has just forgotten to note that?

Because, really, i can't think of too many more scenarios where ignorance, fear & hatred AREN'T at the root cause of mass murder.

Again, i didn't mention any specific bigotry and my default position is to not engage people who clearly did not read what i wrote or seem to have their own axe to grind.  However, your reply to Fireshadow was uncalled for and, i feel, HR-able.

Next time you have an urge to call someone a dumbass, or otherwise denigrate someone's intelligence, please just step to the nearest mirror.

When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandpa did -- not crying and screaming, like everyone else in his car.

by bnasley on Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 03:55:44 PM PDT

•  I disagree, fireshadow's comment to me was (0+ / 0-)

disrespectful and uncalled for. I give as good as I get. Why not HR him too? Or are you two in a clique or is it because you agree with his claims before we even have the evidence in hand?

And no, not all mass shootings are based on hate and fear and ignorance. I was supposed to be on campus walking through Cole hall when a gunman killed 5 people there. That shooter had lots of issues, but I don't think they were for those reasons as Fireshadow expanded upon. If you didn't mean what he meant, and only meant to speak in generalities then perhaps your posts should be clearer. How can you not expect people to read between the lines when you only post 3 words by way of explanation?

I don't have an ax to grind, but other people do and that's why I'm calling them out on it. But if you don't want to read what I post because you disagree with it and/or think my disagreement can only be based on not knowing any better or not being able to read your mind when you only post 3 words, then fine, whatever.

-We need Healthcare Reform... but i'm selfish, I Need Healthcare reform-