View Diary: V-A-G-I-N-A! Vagina! Say it Loud. Say it Proud. (161 comments)

•  That was Byrum, (6+ / 0-)

I only mentioned Brown.

But, yes, a lot of men cringe when they hear the word "vasectomy". I think they have fears of castration. My husband, who had one at age 30, suggests they, ahem, lack courage.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 05:28:14 PM PDT

•  Sorry (3+ / 0-)
      LSophia, billmosby, Only Needs a Beat

I'm one of 'em. Heard too many horror stories. And, having a long and laborious history of kidney stones, including a couple that they had to, er, "go get", I've had quite enough pain in my nether regions for a lifetime, thanks :).

Now, if I were to become half of a couple again, and the other half of the couple strongly suggested The Big V, I'd grin and bear it. But since I'm single and not dating at the moment, I get to keep putting it off :D

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 07:21:54 PM PDT

•  My husband had it with his ex-wife (6+ / 0-)

She'd had at least three miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy during their 5 years of marriage, so he felt that since a vas is much simpler than a tubal, he'd get one. He had no issues. As he phrased it, he road-tested it the next day. His pain meds consisted of a glass of Scotch or two.

Pain in  your nether regions? You're talking to a woman who srted gaining weight three or four days after ovulation, lived with swolled thighs and belly until her period started--and was grateful for normal cramps becaue they were a relief from the mini-labor I went through (that's what my gynies called it) for four days before my actual flow because my cervical os tended to close up almost completely (I swear I had to have an anaesthetic one time to get a PAP smear). Every month till I hit 45.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 08:21:33 PM PDT

•  I had one, it was no problem. However, (2+ / 0-)
        mamamedusa, Only Needs a Beat

perhaps that was because I was too busy chuckling at the name of my doctor: Peter Cannon. I swear to you that I am absolutely not making that up. Idaho Falls, Idaho.

Moderation in most things.

by billmosby on Fri Jun 15, 2012 at 11:07:14 PM PDT

•  I can top that: (1+ / 0-)
          billmosby

an obnoxious Navy dentist named Doctor Chu.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Sat Jun 16, 2012 at 09:53:40 AM PDT

•  Action-reaction, and then a prank.. (0+ / 0-)

I had a co-worker named Rob Chase. Kind of like a what happens in a grab-and-run street robbery.

Then there was a prank pulled on a female Department of Energy inspector at a national lab I worked at. We had a telephone paging system which you could use to page people over loudspeakers in various buildings. Or if it was very important you could dial the "all call" number and blare it through all the buildings and outside all at once. So this inspector was told that the person she needed to page, on the all-call, was named "Anita Mann". And she did, I heard it myself.

The danged system could also rise up and bite you if you had used it and then not quite gotten your phone hung up afterwards, as a couple of the technicians discovered when resuming their discussion of the date one of them had been on the previous night. I also heard that, and the frantic efforts of other friends to warn them.

Moderation in most things.

by billmosby on Sat Jun 16, 2012 at 10:22:37 AM PDT

• Economy (19)
  • Media (19)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Barack Obama (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site