View Diary: What I know about our corporate overlords (UPDATE) (135 comments)

•  depends on the circumstances of "quit" (0+ / 0-)

and you fucking well know this, troll.

Both parties are beholden to their corporate sponsors. The Democratic Party deigns to throw us a few bones from the table on which to gnaw and squabble over, but it's just kabuki.

by ozsea1 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 07:20:47 PM PDT

•  ARE YOU CALLING ME A TROLL??!! (0+ / 0-)

WTF?!   And no, I've never seen anyone get UIB if they quit and moved.  So, no, I don't "fucking well know that".

Who the hell are you,* UID 180257*?!   Seems like you are more likely a troll here than me.  I've got years of street-cred here at DKos.  I've only noticed you around lately.

Sincerely,

Sockpuppet
      UID 31022

"I'm glad I don't know how it feels to vote to withhold basic human rights from someone else." DavidW-DKos

by sockpuppet on Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 07:29:06 PM PDT

•  If you weren't addressing that to me (0+ / 0-)

mia apologia.

It's just that I've almost never been called a "troll" here.

by sockpuppet on Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 07:30:47 PM PDT

•  I wasn't (2+ / 0-)
          NoMoreLies, sockpuppet

and I mis-aimed. Long day, new temp job from hell.

Here was the comment that set me off.

I'm just curious (1+ / 3-)
          How did this not contribute to the economy?  The clients bought cars.  Someone had to make those cars so that provided jobs.  Someone had to make parts for those cars and equipment to build the cars.  Factories to build the cars had to be built.  The ways in which this contributed to the economy is endless.

I see people on here all the time saying stuff like "unemployment puts money back into the economy".  And perhaps it does.  The difference is that when the rich fat cat clients buy Mercedes, they do so willingly with their own money.  When the government gives unemployment money to lazy people for them to spend, that money is stolen from some unwilling company at gunpoint.  I know as a small business owner I don't pay into the unemployment system because I choose to, I do it because the government sticks a gun to my head and forces me to.

I prefer the folks buying the cars any day.

by angelalee on Wed Jun 20, 2012 at 09:20:27 PM PDT

[ Parent | Reply to This |  Recommend   Hide ]

That's no excuse. I fucked up. Sorry.

However -

Pulling UID ranK? Not cool.

by ozsea1 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 08:24:23 PM PDT

•  Well, it was very weird. Took me aback. (0+ / 0-)

But I had a long, difficult day, too, so I shot first and asked questions later.

Yeah, I pulled UID rank.   I think that's about as pithy and solid proof against a trolling accusation as there is, especially when it came so out of left field, so to speak.

But I realized as soon as I hissed that back at you that you might not have really meant to direct that at me.   That's why I quickly apologized, too.

I do understand the long day, difficult time.   Same here.  And the current political milieu is keeping us all on edge, I think.   This is a tough year to get through.

Salute.  :)