View Diary: The One Comic That Explains Just How Screwed America Is (172 comments)

•  Oh, absolutely. In fact I wonder why MrAnon thinks (0+ / 0-)

… there's a danger of Crazy Uncle pulling in young liberal voters . . . voters in which election, exactly? The primaries are over.

And a third-party run would likely hurt Romney much worse than it would the President.

And yes, the Occupy movement is the way to go, IMHO. Tremendously farsighted — like most of the ideas originally seeded by Kalle Lasn and Adbusters.

The Dutch kids' chorus Kinderen voor Kinderen wishes all the world's children freedom from hunger, ignorance, and war.

by lotlizard on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 01:46:12 AM PDT

•  That's not the point (0+ / 0-)

By supporting a Republican like Ron Paul (read: supporting, not simply saying "I agree with one or two of his positions"), you are saying that positions like favoring a repeal of the Civil Rights Act can just be ignored in favor of a handful of foreign policy positions that you support. This is despite the fact that there are plenty of progressive Democrats in the Senate and House who hold those positions. Progressive Democrats who all support President Obama.

Republicans are far more socialist than Democrats. Just because they want to redistribute the wealth upwards does not make it any better.

by MrAnon on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 08:02:06 AM PDT

•  I thought I *was* saying, "I agree with one or two (0+ / 0-)

… of his positions."

I don't know how you get I am "supporting" someone I'm in the habit of calling "Crazy Republican Uncle."

by lotlizard on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 08:04:51 AM PDT

•  The original comment was (0+ / 0-)

"Why are there progressives who support Ron Paul?"

by MrAnon on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 08:44:10 AM PDT

•  Ah, you thought I was saying, "*I'm* one of those (0+ / 0-)

… progressives, let's all vote for Ron, blah blah" — whereas I thought I was saying, "Here's what counts as the usual explanation for that phenomenon."

by lotlizard on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 08:52:13 AM PDT

•  OK then (0+ / 0-)

Glad this misunderstanding has been cleared.

by MrAnon on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 09:04:56 AM PDT