View Diary: Fortune: Much of what you think you know about 'Fast and Furious' may not be the case at all (162 comments)

•  Is this all they did ? (2+ / 0-)
    Sychotic1, kyril
    The idea was to manually dig through the sales reports of holders of Federal Firearms Licenses, select some likely straw purchasers, track the weapons they bought and then bring strong cases against them and their recruiters.

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 10:25:31 AM PDT

•  I'm condensing. There are written reports... (22+ / 0-)

...testimonies, tons of articles (Los Angeles Times has been on the case heavily) and this very long Fortune article providing various details. As with any article, it's best to compare against what others have said to get a fuller picture.

by Meteor Blades on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 10:31:04 AM PDT

•  I haven't been following this story (1+ / 0-)
        kyril

so I don't know what they have or have not done .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 10:35:11 AM PDT

•  it makes me so mad (18+ / 0-)

that the NRA has so much power that Democrats will vote to hold Holder in contempt, fearful of NRA retaliation!

I'm sure corporations also threaten retaliation of campaign contributions - but the NRA has proudly publicized their intent to score the vote tomorrow - as they scored the committee vote last week.

"Tax cuts for the 1% create jobs." -- Republicans, HAHAHA - in China

by MartyM on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 11:05:35 AM PDT

•  Dems voting against Holder: (6+ / 0-)
          ladybug53, wasatch, Imhotepsings, MartyM, tsk, kyril

(from Fox News no less) -

"While Republicans and Democrats argue over the scope of the people's right to know what happened, the attorney general has decided to withhold relevant documents," Rep. John Barrow, D-Ga., said in a statement announcing he would support the contempt resolution. "The only way to get to the bottom of what happened is for the Department of Justice to turn over the remaining documents, so that we can work together to ensure this tragedy never happens again."

Other Democrats to announce an anti-Holder stance include Reps. Nick Rahall, D-W.Va.; Collin Peterson, D-Minn.; and Jim Matheson, D-Utah.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/...

Fox says that 'roughly 20' may break ranks to vote with the NRA. The Daily Beast says, 'as many as 30.'

can we find more names?

"I can't do it by myself. No president can. Remember: Change doesn't happen from the top. It happens because of you." B Obama, 2008

by nzanne on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 11:27:07 AM PDT

•  Scared of the NRA.. (3+ / 0-)

I am coming around to believe like a lot here that these Dems should be purged. Let they run as Repugs if they act like them

•  More might be from this list. (4+ / 0-)

According to Politico, the following signed a letter June 3  to Obama citing concern about the Administration's responses to F & F.

The 31 Democratic representatives who signed the June letter are: Arkansas Rep. Mike Ross; California Reps. Joe Baca, Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa; Georgia Reps. Sanford Bishop and John Barrow; Illinois Rep. Jerry Costello; Indiana Rep. Joe Donnelly; Iowa Rep. Leonard Boswell; Kentucky Rep. Ben Chandler; Minnesota Reps. Collin Peterson and Tim Walz; New Mexico Reps. Martin Heinrich and Ben Ray Lujan; New York Rep. Bill Owens; North Carolina Reps. Larry Kissell , Heath Shuler and Mike McIntyre; Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan; Oklahoma Rep. Dan Boren; Oregon Reps. Peter DeFazio and Kurt Schrader; Pennsylvania Reps. Jason Altmire, Tim Holden and Mark Critz; Tennessee Rep. Jim Cooper; Texas Gene Green; Utah Rep. Jim Matheson; Maine Rep. Mike Michaud; West Virginia Rep. Nick Rahall; Wisconsin Rep. Ron Kind.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/...

Call yours!

by nzanne on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 11:35:15 AM PDT

•  Good to know. (0+ / 0-)

I may have to consider withholding my vote for Critz over this. I held my nose and pulled the lever for him in the primary (it was against fellow NRAbot and balanced-budget amendment supporter Altmire), but this may be the last straw. Honestly, the only real difference between Critz and his Republican challenger is Critz's tentative support of labor, and I'm not sure that makes up for shit like this.

All the original handles were taken.

by liberaldeminpittsburgh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 02:58:52 PM PDT