View Diary: Romney campaign seeks retraction of Washington Post outsourcing story that it originally stonewalled (139 comments)

•  Hmmm... (0+ / 0-)

Okay.  I see your reasoning.  Anyone that did that doesn't matter unless they are running for president.

Gotcha.

The truth is sometimes very inconvenient.

by commonsensically on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 12:44:40 PM PDT

•  You said "this isn't going anywhere." (2+ / 0-)
      ZedMont, Dezza

I assumed you meant "this" story of Romney pushing back at the WaPo, and that you were refuting the whole thing by saying Democrats have also outsourced jobs. I responded by saying none of those Democrats are running for President. eXtina below put a better explanation on it, that Romney is using his 'business experience' as main qualification for the the job.

Make more sense now?

•  Not running for president (0+ / 0-)

I see that this is the "follow-along" line on this thread.

Yeah, I see that, of course.  But, I was refering to what the repubs will say....not what I, personally, think.

Not trying to step on anyone's feet.

Thanks.

The truth is sometimes very inconvenient.

by commonsensically on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 12:53:03 PM PDT

•  ... (1+ / 0-)
        Roadbed Guy

I responded by saying none of those Democrats are running for President.

Obama gets win as Congress passes free-trade agreements

The South Korea deal has the potential to create as many as 280,000 American jobs, according to a recent assessment by the staff of the U.S. International Trade Commission, and to boost exports by more than $12 billion. Several major labor unions have warned that any gains will come at the cost of layoffs among American workers because of heightened competition from South Korean imports.
        [ ... ]

“I look forward to signing these agreements,” Obama said late Wednesday. He hailed passage as “a major win for American workers and businesses.”

The Bush administration sat on these 'free trade' agreements for eight years. President Obama virtually tripped over himself to sign them.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 01:02:16 PM PDT

•  Got me there. (0+ / 0-)

I look forward to Romney coming at Obama about signing free trade agreements.

Just for the record, I believe out/offsourcing to be bad. But my personal opinion isn't what this thread is about.

•  I've Been Opposing Offshoring On This Blog (1+ / 0-)
            chrississippi

Going up against my fellow 'one worlders', 'free traders', 'socialists', etc., for almost eight years now.

Markos is an avid 'free trader'. Bonddad is an avid 'free trader'.

You got virtually zero traction on 'free trade' and 'offshoring' diaries here until recently, why is that?

Keep in mind here.

Bill Clinton and the Democratic Party signed NAFTA.
            Bill Clinton and the Democratic Party signed Most Favored Nation with China.
            Barack Obama and the Democratic Party voted for and passed the 'free trade' agreement with Peru.
            Barack Obama and the Democratic Party voted for and passed the 'free trade' agreements with Panama, South Korea, and Colombia.

As I have written here before, on the whole the Democratic Party is just as responsible for the offshoring of jobs as the Republican Party is, only the motives are different.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 01:20:45 PM PDT

•  He Won't (1+ / 0-)
            Supavash

I look forward to Romney coming at Obama about signing free trade agreements

Because to do so Romney would have to take the position that there was something wrong with doing so, and he can't take that position.

This is the only reason, in my opinion, that Axelrod and Plouffe came up with these talking points to begin with i.e. they calculated that Romney will not come back with the natural response of 'pot, meet kettle'.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 at 01:28:47 PM PDT

•  Running for President and using his business (0+ / 0-)

experience as the reason to vote for him.  Puts the business experience in play, just like taking a position on anything else.

“when Democrats don’t vote, Democrats don’t win.” Alan Grayson