View Diary: List of the 17 Democrats who voted to hold Holder in contempt... (215 comments)

•  These guys aren't all bad guys. (5+ / 0-)

Sure, Boren, Ross, Altmire and some others are, but those three in particular are either retiring or were defeated in their primaries.  Most of the others are in very difficult districts, like Barrow and Chandler.

Ron Kind is the only one I see here who is really safe and could have voted his conscience without worry.

Lewis & Clark Law class of 2015

by James Allen on Thu Jun 28, 2012 at 02:23:46 PM PDT

•  Chandler is in a tough district- (6+ / 0-)

So many Kentuckians are 'for" guns and against Mr. Obama.

He's not nearly as bad as the idiot Rand Paul, but I'm still not at all happy with his vote.

Intellect and romance triumph over brute force and cynicism

by Hill Jill on Thu Jun 28, 2012 at 02:33:30 PM PDT

•  But Issa was discredited by right wingers (1+ / 0-)
        elwior

writing in the press, no real excuse.

FDR 9-23-33, "If we cannot do this one way, we will do it another way. But do it we will.

by Roger Fox on Thu Jun 28, 2012 at 04:26:56 PM PDT

•  Chandler won his last election... (2+ / 0-)
        Hill Jill, kefauver

...by 600 votes.  (KY-6th District)  He's facing the same GOP guy (Andy Barr) again this time around.  I'm already getting robocalls for Barr's campaign.

I may not like his vote on the matter, but--being one of his constituents and knowing what he's facing here--I completely understand.

•  Have You Seen Any Anti-Chandler Ads On TV Yet? (0+ / 0-)

I expected to see the barrage of ads a month ago like 2010.

I understand what you're saying about Chandler. I'm disappointed in his vote, but I'm sure he knows this "investigation" is going nowhere and he's just covering his ass against one more attack ad.

Obamacare is upheld by the SCOTUS. Time for some Kossacks to eat a plate of crow.

by kefauver on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:30:04 AM PDT

•  Yeah, the Ron Kind vote (5+ / 0-)

pisses me off. I hope his constituents give him an earful/inbox full.

•  I sent an e-mail to Chandler angry about him (1+ / 0-)
      elwior

voting yes on this.    And no, he doesn't need to suck up to the Rand Paulite crazies.

I believe we help each other in times of need. I want all our children to get an excellent education. Every American deserves health care. I love my country. I am a patriot. I am a voter. I am a Democrat.

by mumtaznepal on Thu Jun 28, 2012 at 03:15:25 PM PDT

•  I live in his district... (2+ / 0-)
        elwior, kefauver

..and our kids have been going to school together for years.  He's a good man.

He won his last (re-)election by all of 600 votes.  Redistricting gave him a marginally "better" district, but he's in for another ugly campaign; he's facing the same GOP guy (Andy Barr) he barely defeated last time.

I don't like his vote on this matter, but I understand it.

•  I do, too. I live in his district. I agree he's a (0+ / 0-)

good man.  No way in heck would I ever vote for Andy Barr.

But DAMN, Ben ...

by mumtaznepal on Thu Jun 28, 2012 at 11:44:19 PM PDT

•  True. Chandler is My Rep and is Pretty Good. (0+ / 0-)

He votes like this from time to time, but when it comes to votes on meaningful legislation that helps people, he has been pretty good. You're right, he is in a tough district and only won by 600 votes last time. He's much better than his Republican alternative - Andy Barr. Barr is a GOP party machine crook who has been indicted and will be worse than Rand Paul if ever elected.

by kefauver on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:23:13 AM PDT