View Diary: Campaign video goes on offense: Obamacare is about helping real people (71 comments)

•  I'm less comfortable celebrating (1+ / 0-)
    third Party please

an ad for its absence of minorities. Yes, it's targeted, thought out, deliberate. Manipulative. Careful. It still bugs me that it's almost as monochromatic a Romney ad.

The people have spoken and they're both named Koch. - Andy Borowitz

by Red Bean on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 04:54:13 PM PDT

•  Except for the guy saying the words. (3+ / 0-)

Jeeze.

"The disturbing footage depicts piglets being drop kicked and swung by their hind legs. Sows are seen being kicked and shoved as they resist leaving their piglets."

by Bush Bites on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:17:41 PM PDT

•  Which makes it (0+ / 0-)

even weirder to me that everyone getting the good stuff from the ACA is white. But hey, they probably tried it out with different focus groups and found the white only version did better with swing voters. I get it. This is war. The real world is ugly.

The people have spoken and they're both named Koch. - Andy Borowitz

by Red Bean on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:28:45 PM PDT

•  African Americans know Obama's got their backs. (1+ / 0-)
          v2aggie2

At least according to polling they believe so.

It's the white people who don't think he's on their side -- and may, in fact, be willing to take away their assets to ensure minorities are better off -- so why wouldn't Team O try to get support by putting their minds at ease?

by Bush Bites on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:37:17 PM PDT

•  it's the white people who have to be convinced (2+ / 0-)
          v2aggie2, CrissieP

They don't buy diversity much. So, like it or not, this ad is appropriately crafted. Except the music was overpowering the President's message.

--Mr. President, you have to earn my vote every day. Not take it for granted. --

by chipoliwog on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 12:50:03 AM PDT

•  I too was surprised at the lack of the "other"..nm (1+ / 0-)
      Red Bean

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." ~ Thomas Paine

by third Party please on Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 05:56:31 PM PDT

•  YES! (0+ / 0-)

That struck me too.  One African American nurse and then a lineup of Swedes!

How could this get by people who should know better?

•  I am in agreement. When you are not one of (0+ / 0-)

the Caucasians so masterfully used....it is always noticed,  the absence of color.  Very noticed.  We are not about that.

•  I am a person of color (0+ / 0-)

and I did not notice the absence of diversity.  Why?  Because the ad was about health care and that was what I was focused on when watching it.

Barack Obama for President '08

by v2aggie2 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 at 05:47:44 AM PDT

•  I am also a person of color - I noticed and then (0+ / 0-)

thought how smart the campaign is not to have any people of color in this ad!  This is war - no time to have white ppl feeling like all the benefits of ACA will accrue to people of color.  Even moderate whites do not want to feel like black and brown people are getting too much - that's the truth - DKos does not represent the voters that PBO is trying to target with this ad.  We know that black and brown ppl will benefit greatly from ACA and we need to do what needs to be done to win.  This ad has a purpose and I get it.