View Diary: Methamphetamine (289 comments)

•  I disagree (6+ / 0-)

Many people can use it now and then without getting hooked.

Why do people insist that drugs are the problem, when the real problem is undiagnosed and treated mental illness/unbalanced chemistry, or lives that are too overwhelming, with too much responsibility and too little relaxation or happiness?

Women create the entire labor force.

by splashy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 12:09:04 PM PDT

•  That's not something (4+ / 0-)

I was aware of.

Many people can use it now and then without getting hooked.
      What percentage of meth users are casual users who don't get addicted?

"Okay, until next time. Keep sending me your questions, and I will make fun of you... I mean, answer them." - Strong Bad

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 02:56:03 PM PDT

•  Spend more time in the gay community. (1+ / 0-)
        raster44

Meth use is or at least was pretty rampant.

Thank you to jayden, Dr Erich Bloodaxe RN, Aji and everyone in the Daily Kos community involved in gifting my subscription and gifting others!

by Nulwee on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 05:37:00 PM PDT

•  the only people I've met that I (3+ / 0-)
          indubitably, raster44, erush1345

know used meth got pretty screwed up by it. Whether it has been widely used in the gay community or not doesn't answer my question.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 05:54:44 PM PDT

•  Well I've known a good number of individuals (0+ / 0-)

who've tried it and were more or less fine. We could as well be talking about coke or heroin, both of which are also drugs that I haven't the slightest interest in trying, legal or not.

by Nulwee on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 07:42:34 PM PDT

•  in which case they can get prescriptions. (0+ / 0-)

If someone can use a substance without abusing it, the person who can judge that is their doctor, and they can get the substance or something very much like it, as a prescription.

But OTC meth, no way in hell.

"Minus two votes for the Democrat" equals "plus one vote for the Republican." Arithmetic doesn't care about your feelings.

by G2geek on Sun Jul 01, 2012 at 07:11:34 PM PDT