View Diary: Romney's Bain timeline doesn't add up (85 comments)

•  Although I've received some mild rebukes (3+ / 0-)
    MJB, TofG, rlharry

for my opinion on the upcoming debates, I am fearful that mittens will find one excuse after another to avoid debating President Obama.  He won't like the venue, won't agree with the moderator, wants questions in advance, etc, he'll just weasel out of the debates and blame it all on the librul dems.  Hope I'm wrong because Obama will eviscerate him in any debate.

I know mittens is a Harvard graduate but he doesn't seem all that sharp to me, he doesn't have command of his arguments---uhhh, probably because he lies so much. I can't wait to see mittens and Obama on the same stage, it is going to be an epic failure for that rethug fraud.

"It took us a couple of days because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak." President Barack Obama 3/24/09

by sfcouple on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 02:03:16 PM PDT

•  Of course expectations for Mitt will be (2+ / 0-)
      TofG, Red Bean

extraordinarily low. Typically its the challenger who wants the debates not the incumbent.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy;the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness

by CTMET on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 02:07:58 PM PDT

•  Both of which statements recall (1+ / 0-)
        TofG

W v. Gore, where the fact that W didn't drool all over the stage led most to claim he won every time out. This argument will be tried out again, and there's little reason to believe--other than W was more convincing as a "likeable" guy--that it will be perceived any differently.

"Lone catch of the moon, the roots of the sigh of an idea there will be the outcome may be why?"--from a spam diary entitled "The Vast World."

by bryduck on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 02:14:22 PM PDT

•  I'm going to disagree a bit , with reservations... (2+ / 0-)
      sfcouple, rlharry

...because debates not scored by judges have strange results.  Lies, false accusations, sound bites can grab the attention of the Uninformed Voters.

Chris Mooney's book, The Republican Brain, shows us - alarmingly - how the conservative mind is immune to logic and rational discourse.

by johndoe on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 02:16:16 PM PDT

•  "I know mittens is a Harvard graduate... (2+ / 0-)
      rlharry, sfcouple

but he doesn't seem all that sharp to me"

It wouldn't surprise me if graduating from Harvard has a stronger correlation to the graduate's parents' wealth than to the graduate's IQ. In fact, I would be pretty shocked if it was the other way around.

Republicans believe you need an ID to vote but you can donate millions to any candidate completely anonymously. (h/t jbou)

by Calouste on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 03:03:12 PM PDT

•  Calouste, I've thought that for a long time. (0+ / 0-)

After all, isn't Bush Jr a Yale Grad?

by sfcouple on Mon Jul 02, 2012 at 08:38:13 PM PDT

•  Bush was Yale (BA) AND Harvard (MBA) (1+ / 0-)
          sfcouple

for the all time Ivy Hall of Shame . . .

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever. ~Thomas Jefferson

by bobdevo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 07:08:57 AM PDT