View Diary: White Male Power? It's A Myth! (57 comments)

•  I send all the money that I can spare to the (2+ / 0-)
    AoT, joe wobblie

Southern Poverty Law Center.

In fact, this is now the only group that is getting money from me. Had to choose only one group to donate to due to recent retirement, and that is the one I will never give up, even if I only send them $10 a month.

I see sexism, racism, and all other types of oppression as equal problems. I blame the Ruling Class first, and white people of my own class second.

Working class white people have no real power, they only think they do. That's why it's a myth. They keep that myth alive by hating their own fellow workers.

It's up to us to preach Class Unity to them. Calling them names & calling them "privileged" will not help us reach them.

The tide is turning, the younger generation is changing. But we still have a lot of work to do.

WE NEVER FORGET Our Labor Martyrs: a project to honor the men, women and children who lost their lives in Freedom's Cause. For May: Martyrs of the San Diego Free Speech Fight, Spring 1912.

by JayRaye on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 02:46:58 PM PDT

•  I'm glad you're doing those things (2+ / 0-)
      JayRaye, joe wobblie

I'm doing what I can too.

Keep up the good fight.

I still disagree about power and white men, but I don't think that's a useful conversation at this point.

There revolution will not be televised. But it will be blogged, a lot. Probably more so than is necessary.

by AoT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 02:51:29 PM PDT

•  OK, and perhaps I'll apologize for my (2+ / 0-)
        AoT, joe wobblie

bad language. Like I said, I'm a Redneck.

But not today, I'm still pissed. Don't like anyone putting words in my mouth.

Probably tomorrow after I cool off.

by JayRaye on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 03:08:10 PM PDT

•  The last thing you have to apologize for (2+ / 0-)
          joe wobblie, JayRaye

is your bad language.  Fuck that shit.  It makes me happy to see someone who swears as readily as I do here on DKos.

by AoT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 11:38:39 PM PDT

•  Well, I didn't mean my cussing, exactly. (1+ / 0-)
            joe wobblie

But telling you to get lost was wrong, and for that I apologize.

As for calling you an asshole, well, when you insinuate that I don't care about racism ( & after all that I have been thru with my family because of my stand against racism!), well, maybe you are not an actual full time asshole, but with that comment you certainly were acting like one. So no apology there.

Hoping we can have more rowdy debates in the future.

Solidarity.

by JayRaye on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 07:54:59 AM PDT

•  Keep fighting, AoT! (2+ / 0-)
        JayRaye, blueoasis

You draw strength from the struggle and are invigorated
                                     by the sight of the enemy, be their numbers legion...

! The swinistic greed and racial hatred of the American ruling elite is abysmal ! - joe wobblie

by joe wobblie on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 04:16:57 PM PDT

•  You might want to rethink that donation (2+ / 0-)
      JayRaye, AoT

to Southern Poverty Law Center. Not that they don't occasionally do some good work, but according to a number of reports they are better at raising money than using it--the charge is that they sit on a large cash hoard that doesn't get used (google them and check it for yourself).

Myself, I donate to Labor Notes, which does great work educating and connecting rank-and-file workers across the country.

•  Thanks for the tip. (2+ / 0-)
        joe wobblie, AoT

I'll check it out. But they have won some really important law suits against haters. I think that is important. Maybe the most important thing that they do.

I've been getting Labor Notes for as long as Labor Notes has been around. Usually double the subscription rate,if I can afford it. But I consider that a necessity, not a donation.

thx for the rec & the comment, verso.

by JayRaye on Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 04:12:51 PM PDT