View Diary: The Climes They Are A'Changin' — Two Boston-area Climate Letters (26 comments)

•  I'm gonna use that. (5+ / 0-)

Shukriya!

Freedom isn't "on the march." Freedom dances.

by WarrenS on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 10:47:42 AM PDT

•  I knew you were going to say that before I (6+ / 0-)

scrolled down. Saw your letter in the globe.

Climate scientists are the diagnostic physicians of the planet. You are one hellva LTE writer.

Republish your how to LTE dairy every now and then?

You have a rooftop garden, if I remember correctly. How is it doing?

Social Security is an INSURANCE PROGRAM. FICA FEDERAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS ACT

by CuriousBoston on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 11:08:41 AM PDT

•  Garden's doing well.... (3+ / 0-)
        Larsstephens, CuriousBoston, SolarMom

...thanks for asking.

Maybe I'll post pics sometime soon.

Are you in Boston proper, or the 'burbs?

Freedom isn't "on the march." Freedom dances.

by WarrenS on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 11:14:24 AM PDT

•  Hyde Park, elderly and disabled housing. (1+ / 0-)
          WarrenS

I'm growing scallions, ivy, peppermint, basil. Tomato seedlings got big enough to give to a friend to plant. Rosemary and oregano died. I gave giant aloe plant to relative, I'll try to propagate it when the weather turns normal(ha!a0.

Wish I had the room and skill to keep plants alive, especially edibles.

I remember a picture of your garden in a previous diary.

Have you tried one of those DIY solar panels?

by CuriousBoston on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 05:55:43 PM PDT

•  There is a street... (1+ / 0-)
            CuriousBoston

...in Hyde Park which is named after my family.  My paternal grandfather was the real estate person who developed the area called Senders Court.  I've never seen it myself.

Freedom isn't "on the march." Freedom dances.

by WarrenS on Sat Jul 07, 2012 at 08:53:43 PM PDT

•  Kossacks are tied together in remarkable ways. (1+ / 0-)
              WarrenS

A whole community focused on the health of Kelley, someone checking out Sara's fridge and getting her finances in order, someone saying, "webranding!" he can do that!" to someone remembering a pic of a rooftop garden.

I 'll have to check that out.

My personal computer is limited, can't post without tagging on. Community computer better. Pardon tagging to comments, spelling, please.

by CuriousBoston on Sun Jul 08, 2012 at 06:58:50 AM PDT

•  A ten minute drive from me. I've driven over every (1+ / 0-)
                WarrenS

road that forms a square around it. On my next errand trip, I'll have to ask my driver/friend to take me there.

by CuriousBoston on Sun Jul 08, 2012 at 07:05:31 AM PDT