View Diary: Democrat Turncoats!! You Mad? I Am! (37 comments)

•  Yeah, I know, the majority would be nice, but (7+ / 0-)

Quite honestly, it's not a real majority with shitbirds like these 4, let them lose.

Here in Hampton Roads, VA, we had Glenn Nye (D) for 2009 - 2010.  He sounded okay when he ran, and I worked for him, donated.  And then he got elected and cast votes like these.  Voted against Lily Ledbetter, voted against HCR, etc.  Now, I get it, he voted with us 70% of the time, but the 30% was every important vote.

We now have Scott Rigell (R).  Of course, he's only voted with Dems about 20% of the time, but there really hasn't been one important vote that he has cast that Nye would have voted differently.  For example, Rigell even voted against the contempt of Eric Holder.

Let them go, work for more and better progressive Dems, and win every seat we can where we don't have to run a blue dick.

Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear. ~William E. Gladstone, 1866

by absdoggy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 07:27:44 PM PDT

•  Oh, I was going to comment but (2+ / 0-)
      Aspe4, Bud Fields

absdoggy pretty much said everything I was thinking, and most eloquently at that!

•  Thanks for weighing in, angel D! :) (1+ / 0-)
        angel d

I appreciate your being here, and offering such a powerful comment!

Nurse Kelley says my writing is brilliant and my soul is shiny - who am I to argue?
        Economic
        Left/Right: -7.75
        Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

by Bud Fields on Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 11:00:17 AM PDT

•  Without a majority, the ACA would not have been (1+ / 0-)
      Bud Fields

possible.

•  We never had a "majority". (2+ / 0-)
        Aspe4, Bud Fields

We had Dems plus the bloody sellouts that gave us a mandate to buy private insurance instead of a public option. The same kind of people that killed the Dorgan amendment in getting cheaper generic drugs in the Senate. Coincidentally funny how 15 Blue Dogs voted with Rs to help quash an amendment that prevented granting power to US military in destroying our Constitution right to a fair trial.

Wake up. We ARE the minority.

•  I have no practicable argument for that, Jacksman (0+ / 0-)

Until we realize that we, as a party, are being played by the party opposite much more violently than those inside our own party, and determine for ourselves that we are taking our values, our policies, our philosophy and our party back, they win.

This debate on the floor is making me fire relentlessly into my television with my Nerf weapon. If there were a rule which banished a speaker from doing so for thirty days for each verbalization of outright lies, I really DO believe such lunacy would become extinct.

Hold Them Accountable! :)

Economic
          Left/Right: -7.75
          Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

by Bud Fields on Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 11:04:17 AM PDT

•  Yes and No - these 4 voted against ACA (2+ / 0-)
        Pale Jenova, Bud Fields

As they have voted to repeal it - so I reiterate, doesn't matter if they are D or R.

by absdoggy on Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 04:24:13 AM PDT

•  Do you really think it would not have mattered (0+ / 0-)

if the Speaker was Boehner instead of Pelosi?

•  Given the responsiblity (0+ / 0-)

then-Speaker Pelosi has had dumped upon her, I would say the question answers itself.

Thanks for being part of the discussion. I hope you will hold these Democrat elected accountable. Today! Tomorrow. In November!

But also help better, Progressive Democrats replace them!

Economic
            Left/Right: -7.75
            Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

by Bud Fields on Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 11:06:20 AM PDT

•  Way ta write, Absdoggy!! :) (0+ / 0-)

Lived a very good part of my world, having an Aunt, Uncle and Cousins who lived just outside the Langley AFB gate in Hampton!

I just keep thinking what Rev. Sharpton started his ad campaign with:

"Yes. It was acceptable. Until we stopped accepting it."

What is represented in my writing here is not exclusive to four turncoats. The wild, mind-numbing, non-drug-induced imaginings of my mind extend to every elector, in EVERY District. Hold them accountable!

I think the only "party" which should face a quicker demise than the Tea Party Terrorists is that which you describe so accurately:

Economic