View Diary: Netanyahu: Romney Lying About Their Friendship (276 comments)

•  Bibi isn't my 1st choice (0+ / 0-)

but better than those hypocrit people who would go to temple and pray for Yisrael at the same time giving it away to its enemies!

He is better than those who would let theives keep their stolen land and give them more. (Oldest recorded title to that land is for the Jews - as such any others there are living on STOLEN property)

He is better than those who would return to the undefensible lines of 1967 so Yisrael could easily be destroyed by its enemies!

Is Bibi great? NO, but most the alternatives are FAR worse!

BTW I am not a Lukid supporter in Israeli politics, I support Yisrael Beiteinu before I get called a Lukidnik.

As I saw yesterday when a diary with a tip jar had 400+ recs for a sig line that said "Arbeit macht frei." I don't expect my position on this to be popular at all, but I stand by it!

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 08:48:21 AM PDT

•  Would you please post a link to the diary you (0+ / 0-)

saw yesterday as you described?

I must have missed it. And, when I searched on that phrase, I get zero hits. I checked google, too, nothing. And, I scrolled through the diaries for the last few days and looked at all those that got "400+ recs," but I just can't find it. If not a link, could you please post ANYTHING that would help locate it?

I've never seen that sig line here and I'd like to know who's using it.

Eliminate tax breaks that stimulate the offshoring of jobs.

by RJDixon74135 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 09:23:40 AM PDT

•  It was deleted (0+ / 0-)

But many people will testify to it being there.

Check out my comments and you will see 2 recent diaries I commented on (or even check the help desk as I opened a ticket on it), one with an apology attached to it.

My comment history from that diary yesterday is EASY to spot!

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 09:29:35 AM PDT

•  I looked at "Help Desk" and found nothing can you (0+ / 0-)

post a link to the "Help Desk" you used?

I also checked your comments and did not see which "2" diaries you commented on that have what you claim they had on it.

Can you please tell me the Title of the Diary you claim to have seen "Arbeit macht frei." on it?

•  Thanks, I found it. (1+ / 0-)
          kyril

(My DKos wasn't working right yesterday and the night before. I was among those who ran into a problem with the site after accepting an automatic Adobe update. Sheesh. Thanks, JeffW, IIRC, for the fix that fixed it.)

Hmmm, one of the new posters here. S/he has now apologized. Good idea.

Eliminate tax breaks that stimulate the offshoring of jobs.

by RJDixon74135 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:06:09 AM PDT

•  I found it too - I noticed the apology (1+ / 0-)
          kyril

Good thing you called that out - those types of 'hate-words' have no place in civilized society.

•  It was deleted (1+ / 0-)
        RJDixon74135

Diarist reposted the diary itself, with an apology for the sign line, an explanation, and new sig line that more appropriately expressed his/her sentiments.

from a bright young conservative: “I’m watching my first GOP debate…and WE SOUND LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!”

by Catte Nappe on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:01:01 AM PDT

•  Link to the replacement/apology (1+ / 0-)
        RJDixon74135

The new sig line is:

Americans work 137 more hours per year than Japanese workers, 260 more hours per year than British workers, and 499 more hours per year than French workers.

by Catte Nappe on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:03:39 AM PDT

•  Still doesnt negate fact that 400+ REC & TIP IT! (0+ / 0-)

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:17:20 AM PDT

•  How many of them saw it? (5+ / 0-)

I admit I've "trained" my eyes to generally skip over sig lines in the same way I can ignore ads. Assuming the replacement had the same content, the original diary itself was well done - easy enough to see the "tip jar" comment, hit the round button and move on.

by Catte Nappe on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:31:44 AM PDT

•  After I & others put up a warning tips kept coming (0+ / 0-)

and a FEW people removed theirs, most didn't.

New diary has diff sig line, old diary deleted

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:34:01 AM PDT

•  Likely many missed the warning, too (0+ / 0-)

Unlike some, I find the comments and discussion as much (or sometimes more) worthwhile than the actual diary much of the time. It's not uncommon though for people to shrink the comments, or skip them entirely.

by Catte Nappe on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:43:05 PM PDT

•  mannie, many people don't read sig lines. (2+ / 0-)
            pot, bythesea

the diary had merit - that was why it was tipped and rec'd.

i don't read half the sig lines attached to folks around here.  i am interested in the discussion.

heck, i rarely even see my OWN sig line - i tune them out.

•  The tips were not for the sig line (0+ / 0-)

but there was actually a recommended diary by a diarist using that as their sig line.

When I saw it, it had roughly 100 recs and a couple of commenters calling the diarist out for the sig. I don't remember what the subject of the diary was, but it wasn't Judaism/I/P-related.

"Let’s just move on, treat everybody with firmness, fairness, dignity, compassion and respect. Let’s be Marines." - Sgt. Maj Michael Barrett on DADT repeal

by kyril on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 11:29:24 AM PDT

•  YB??? Really??? (1+ / 0-)
      Mannie

I agree with your premise that all this "Bibi stole the tiles off the roof of my house" or "Bibi is the reason for the Drought" (/snark) and the rest of that nonsense does only help the Republicans and gives cover to those suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome.

But YB????

I think I would rather be called a Likudnik then a supporter of YB.... and coming from this supporter of Avodah - that is saying something.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 09:44:39 AM PDT

•  Yes YB (0+ / 0-)

They are for a strong Israel. The party maintains an anti-clerical mantle and encourages socio-economic opportunities for new immigrants, in conjunction with efforts to increase Jewish immigration.

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 09:53:11 AM PDT

•  Err... how about some of their other (2+ / 0-)
          keepemhonest, elmo

stands on you know... things like RACISM? Uber nationalist Loyalty Oaths? Income inequality and cronyism in Israeli society? Little things like that.

YB is close to fascist. And this comes from someone who is very familiar with their platform and stances on issues. I am not some Kossak that just likes to blame Bibi for the sky falling - you know this.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:13:40 AM PDT

•  YB is not perfect but is NOT facist either (0+ / 0-)

They understand the need to keep Yisrael Jewish.  A safe place for Jews to go to when the world turns against us (See rise of Anti-Semitism in Europe).  As such there is a need to keep Yisrael Jewish.

I also question why noone ever mentions the land for the FICTIONAL (as in NEVER existed) state of Palestime that Jordan took.

There is NEVER any outrage over this as the sole purpose is to drive Jews from the region!  This is why all the pro-pal talk is just dog-whistle HATE!  That is why a astrong party like YB is needed!

Never underestimate stupid. Stupid is how reTHUGlicans win!

by Mannie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 10:20:53 AM PDT

•  And the millions of Palestinians (2+ / 0-)
              WB Reeves, samddobermann

who live in the Territories?

The whole "Jordan is Palestine" thing is not right. Jordan is Jordan... Israel is Israel and the Occupied Territories should be in part a Palestinian State.

Ehud Olmert had this one right. Part of the West Bank + land swaps are the only way this gets solved peacefully.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 02:39:31 PM PDT

•  Is Your House On a Native American Tribe's Land? (3+ / 0-)
      Jim Domenico, elmo, Dissentinator

I mean, the land your house is on -- was it ever, ever, ever land that was on a Native American Tribe's grounds?

The rest of your comment is completely absurd
      1) No one "stole" land from Jews in Israel.  Just like no homeowner's land in America belongs to Native American Indians.

2) The 1967 Borders have been the "Agreement" for DECADES and with many US Presidents including Reagan, Bush 1, Bush2.

I suggest you get your head out of hate-land and read a real history book as Glenn Beck has failed you.

•  The '67 "borders" were armistice (0+ / 0-)

lines. Where the troops were when the fighting stopped. they were not intended to be borders in a permanent division. Look up the discussion in the UN about the Security Council decisions.

I'm asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... *I'm asking you to believe in yours.* Barack Obama

by samddobermann on Fri Jul 27, 2012 at 01:47:02 PM PDT

•  But I read that diary and the quote in question (0+ / 0-)

and I didn't think it was even comparable to the reference that you are referring to.  I would never have seen any significance to the sig line at all in the context you are putting it so I take issue with the offense taken.