View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 7/26 (272 comments)

•  UT4 (5+ / 0-)

It also suggests that they don't think Love can beat him. If they were neck and neck the party would probably be furious about that.

SSP poster. 43, new CA-6, -0.25/-3.90

by sacman701 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 11:39:27 AM PDT

•  I've always thought Matheson was pretty safe (1+ / 0-)
      dsh17

for now. Though this district might get untenable for him in a cycle or two. I'm looking forward to him running for Senate or Governor in 2016.

"Once, many, many years ago I thought I was wrong. Of course it turned out I had been right all along. But I was wrong to have thought I was wrong." -John Foster Dulles. My Political Compass Score: -4.00, -3.69, Proud member of DKE

by ArkDem14 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:04:44 PM PDT

•  Why would it get untenable in a cycle or two? (1+ / 0-)
        bumiputera

"The election of Mitt Romney and a supporting congress this November would be a...disaster for America. Think of the trainwreck that has been the Conservative government in Britain since 2010. And square it."--Brad DeLong

by bjssp on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:18:34 PM PDT

•  Several people have talked about it (1+ / 0-)
          DCCyclone

Basically they diced up SLC, and UT-04 contains more of Matheson's territory, but also some fast-growing, blood-red suburbs that will make this a harder district to sustain in the future.

by ArkDem14 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:33:09 PM PDT

•  Where's the growth coming from (0+ / 0-)

I though a large portion of Utah's growth was Hispanic. Even LDS Hispanics are fairly Democratic.

28, Male, MA-08 (hometown MI-06)

by bumiputera on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:41:05 PM PDT

•  It's coming from upper-class suburban (1+ / 0-)
              DCCyclone

Mormon communities that vote downticket Republican.

by ArkDem14 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 01:00:11 PM PDT

•  they did a good job (1+ / 0-)
                ArkDem14

splitting the liberal bases. downtown and university in 2 murray in 4 and cutting west valley between the two (west valley has blue pockets) so even as they grow they don't help as much. and murray (the 4th) is aging.  my great grandmother lived there for 80 years. replaced by young conservatives in her area

From TN05, formerly in TN02, now in DC. Ties to NY13(old) and NY01 and NY04

by dsh17 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 01:55:21 PM PDT

•  By 2020 (0+ / 0-)

They're going to have to give Salt Lake City its own district or else it will be a dummymander.

Utah's projected to gain at least 1 new seat so far, right?

24, Practical Progressive Democrat (-4.75, -4.51), DKE Gay Caucus Majority Leader, IN-02; Swingnut. Gregg/Simpson for Governor! Donnelly for Senate! Mullen for Congress!

by HoosierD42 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 05:34:25 PM PDT

• Hillary Clinton (17)
  • Education (17)
  • Freddie Gray (16)
  • Politics (16)
  • Barack Obama (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site