View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 7/26 (272 comments)

•  Hopefully The Sample Was Right-Leaning..... (0+ / 0-)

As the same poll had Obama up by only 6 in PA, which is smaller than I would have expected as well.

•  49-43 isn't that bad (0+ / 0-)

It's about where I'd expect, taking undecideds to split 50-50 it's a 53-46 margin.

"Once, many, many years ago I thought I was wrong. Of course it turned out I had been right all along. But I was wrong to have thought I was wrong." -John Foster Dulles. My Political Compass Score: -4.00, -3.69, Proud member of DKE

by ArkDem14 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 12:34:04 PM PDT

•  That 6-point Obama lead looked right to me (0+ / 0-)

That's in line with the totality of polling, most polls have said mid-to-high single-digits.

And it's consistent with campaign activity, as Pennsylvania is the one and only Kerry state where OFA keeps targeting for ads.  That says a lot, they really do think Pennsylvania is the only Kerry state with potential to flip.  And that tells me it's closer than the likes of Michigan and Wisconsin which I'm confident are high single-digits to low double-digits, with no ads there.

44, male, Indian-American, married and proud father of a girl and 2 boys, Democrat, VA-10

by DCCyclone on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 06:46:58 PM PDT

•  Toss in PA's voter suppression efforts, (0+ / 0-)

which so far haven't been blocked, OFA had better be worried and had better keep spending there IMO.

Oh yeah, plus the recent revelations that the outfit PA hired to "educate" voters is totally Repub dominated. Ugh.

•  Dems need to focus on getting people's IDs (1+ / 0-)
          sacman701

Let the lawyers work with the chief individuals in the party organizations on the legal side.

In the meantime, I'm disappointed, based on what I've seen, that there hasn't been a push to get people IDs, especially in Philly.  There should be, starting a month ago.  Yes it's blatant vote suppression, but you don't just cry about it and accept it, you do all things, not just some things, to overcome the obstacles.  So fight the law and work to meet its requirements at the same time.

by DCCyclone on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 07:11:48 PM PDT

•  They're advertising (1+ / 0-)
        DCCyclone

in New Hampshire too, no?

•  Yup, I forgot about that one! (1+ / 0-)
          itskevin

Yeah, that, too, is a Kerry state getting Obama ads.  I forget about it because it's on a geographic island, it's small with few electoral votes, and it's an obvious tossup rather than a state whose competitiveness can be debated.

by DCCyclone on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 07:55:32 PM PDT

•  What about New Hampshire? (1+ / 0-)
        DCCyclone

Or am I confusing targeted ads with ads in general?

"The election of Mitt Romney and a supporting congress this November would be a...disaster for America. Think of the trainwreck that has been the Conservative government in Britain since 2010. And square it."--Brad DeLong

by bjssp on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 07:57:21 PM PDT

•  I think Pennsylvania (1+ / 0-)
        DCCyclone

has the potential to flip in the sense that it is always close and it needs advertising because a loss there can't be made up for as easily as a loss in, say, Iowa could be.

by bjssp on Thu Jul 26, 2012 at 08:04:45 PM PDT