View Diary: BBC 24, NBC 0. How to let in some fresh air (and get the Olympics feeds in the US) (26 comments)

•  I'm just wondering how this is different (4+ / 0-)

from http://www.nbcolympics.com/....  That site claims to have "All 32 sports.  All 302 events. All LIVE from London."  And I access it free with my FiOS account.

I believe it works for all major cable providers in the US, just so long as your tier includes CNBC and MSNBC.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
    ¡Boycott Arizona!

by litho on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 01:57:56 PM PDT

•  Precisely. (6+ / 0-)

I don't have cable; I can't make the comparison.

So the biggest difference is that I'm paying $10 total.

I should have specified that this is for those who haven't purchased access to CNBC and MSNBC.  Is it commercial free?

Vote rape. Vote torture. Vote War Crimes. Vote with the American top 1%.

by Yellow Canary on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 02:02:57 PM PDT

•  I do have to say I was trying to watch the (1+ / 0-)
        kaliope

Spain-Honduras soccer match the other day and couldn't find a live video feed of it until there were only about two minutes left in regulation.  I know now there was a controversial penalty kick the referee didn't call, but at the time I couldn't understand why all the Spanish players were yelling at the ref, and why none of them would shake hands with the Hondurans.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
        ¡Boycott Arizona!

by litho on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 02:17:36 PM PDT

•  Some big differences (4+ / 0-)
      Yellow Canary, litho, BachFan, kaliope

The main problem I have is that NBC is refusing to put the replay video up once the events are over for several sports; the ones they want to show in prime time. So if you slept in or came in late for some reason, you cannot watch online until about 24 hours after the event.

BBC apparently allows you to rewind while you are watching live, which is huge for me. I was watching beach volleyball last night and suddenly started having problems with my connection, which lasted about five minutes. I missed the last five minutes of the entire match!

Time is of no account with great thoughts, which are as fresh to-day as when they first passed through their authors' minds ages ago. - Samuel Smiles

by moviemeister76 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 02:06:26 PM PDT

•  I have Dish Network (3+ / 0-)
      FarWestGirl, rja, kaliope

Sure looks like you have to have both channels.

I have the "Welcome Package" ($14.95/month) which includes MSNCB so I thought I'd try it, but that doesn't work.

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people. Kin Hubbard

by Mr Robert on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 03:06:24 PM PDT

•  I have that tier through Dish and most of the (1+ / 0-)
      kaliope

coverage is still on the main NBC channel. They had originally been using Bravo, MSNBC and CNBC, but most of the time it's just the main one.

Information is abundant, wisdom is scarce. The Druid

by FarWestGirl on Tue Jul 31, 2012 at 05:31:25 PM PDT

•  I give NBC/Comcast $70 pcm (2+ / 0-)
      Yellow Canary, kaliope

for internet but that doesn't qualify for Olympic coverage.

Screw NBC.