View Diary: Romney campaign: Bain layoff victim should have moved to Massachusetts to get health insurance (211 comments)

•  Andrea let me explain something to you: (15+ / 0-)

My wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, she missed too much work, so her very wealthy Republican boss fired her and we lost our health insurance.  We were forced into bankruptcy and basically lost everything we had.

Cancer treatment can be very de-humanizing, it is a horrible experience that I hope you never have to endure.  And guess what you clueless heartless twit, sometimes cancer patients suffer for years.  And your solution for all of this would have been for us to move to Massachuset?

Who exactly would have paid for the move?
    Who exactly would have paid to have my wife transported on a medical transport plane?
    Where exactly would we live in Massachusetts?  Do landlords not require a first, last and security deposit back there?

Yes, my dear wife survived but no thanks to any stinking Republican...Andrea, people like you are sick and it sounds as if your boss chose someone compatible with his sociopathic tendencies.

"It took us a couple of days because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak." President Barack Obama 3/24/09

by sfcouple on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 11:11:38 AM PDT

•  that is (3+ / 0-)
      sfcouple, sethtriggs, ColoTim

apparently a scenario that escapes the Romney team - that someone could not have "afforded" to do - whatever it is they wanted to do.  "Afforded" is not a word they are accustomed to hearing used in that manner.

Justice For Will Will spent his brief, courageous life fighting for the rights we all take for granted. Please share his story to support the fight!

by KibbutzAmiad on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 01:48:27 PM PDT

•  kibbutzAmiad: you are absolutely correct. Afford (4+ / 0-)

just isn't in their vocabulary.  When my wife's boss fired her he actually called me up to let me know. I then had to tell my wife as she was laying in a hospital bed in a San Francisco hospital (CPMC) a few blocks away from his Pacific Heights Manson.  These people are just evil.....

by sfcouple on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 01:59:43 PM PDT

•  There are many (2+ / 0-)
          sfcouple, sethtriggs

reasons I hope there is something to the "karma" concept.  You certainly added to my hopes with that - I am horribly sorry you had to deal with that and may we all work together to make sure others that come after us do not have to also.

by KibbutzAmiad on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 02:08:28 PM PDT

•  Thank you ! I too hope there is something (2+ / 0-)
            KibbutzAmiad, ColoTim

to Karma.  My wife's cancer came back after a six-year remission but she fought back and beat it again---she is now on her second six-year of remission and doing very well.

Rethugs just seem to hate our country, they have no compassion, no tolerance, and yet most proclaim to be Christian---I don't get it.

When my wife lost her job I had to start driving a cab in San Francisco to make ends meet.  The kindest and most peaceful people I met were Sikh cab drivers who worked alongside me. They, and Quakers are the most Christian people I've ever met.... I was deeply shocked and saddened when the Sikh Temple was recently attacked.

by sfcouple on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 02:27:00 PM PDT

•  sfcouple, I (1+ / 0-)
              sfcouple

lost a good friend to ovarian cancer.  She did not get timely treatment due to not having health insurance.  I wrote a diary about it here.  She had a young son and a husband who are still devastated.  I do NOT understand how some people can believe that it is acceptable to deny health care to those without means to pay.  I agree with your assessment.

by KibbutzAmiad on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 02:48:54 PM PDT

•  KibbutzAmiad: I am very sorry to hear about (0+ / 0-)

your friend.  I know the pain she and her family went through and it didn't need to happen with health care for all.  I too am not able to understand how anyone would want to deny health care to a fellow human sharing this small little planet.

Health Care is a human right not some privilege reserved to a select few.  I have actually developed a visceral dislike of rMoney-----and hoping he gets humiliated this November.

by sfcouple on Wed Aug 08, 2012 at 03:02:00 PM PDT