View Diary: Ex-Fox's Major Garrett: Never Knew Romney Caught Lying On 1999-2001 Tax Returns (194 comments)

•  Youthful hijinks (2+ / 0-)
    Ckntfld, Amber6541

Long time ago. Not going to get the kind of attention you want for it, unless someone is doing an in depth profile, in which case they've already heard about this one.

from a bright young conservative: “I’m watching my first GOP debate…and WE SOUND LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!”

by Catte Nappe on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 01:47:25 PM PDT

•  Hijinks? Impersonating an officer? Riiiight, OK. (4+ / 0-)

Ds see human suffering and wonder what they can do to relieve it. Rs see human suffering and wonder how they can profit from it.

by JTinDC on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 01:53:29 PM PDT

•  Sorry (8+ / 0-)

That's the way that stuff gets perceived. I mean, remember all the MSM excitement over the hair cutting incident? Or Obama smoking weed? Or Bush doing coke? No, neither do I.

The lying about taxes story, however, is of recent vintage and directly pertinent to current questions about trust over taxes.

Need to put our effort where it does the most good.

by Catte Nappe on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 02:09:10 PM PDT

•  You don't remember those things and that's how (10+ / 0-)

you were able to list them?

This story about a guy impersonating an officer is in a completlely different league from the other things you listed that you, uhm, don't remember.

This story is truly creepy and it would have an impact on how many people feel about Romney. I'm for hitting Romney from every possible angle.

by JTinDC on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 02:33:53 PM PDT

•  Of course I remember those things (2+ / 0-)
            ms badger, JVolvo

I'm a Democrat and a politics junky, so I pay attention to that kind of stuff. I do not remember a media frenzy over those things, because there wasn't one. And there won't be one over the uniform story either. It isn't exactly a secret that it happened, and the frenzy still hasn't started. Of course it's creepy behavior, but it truly isn't going to matter to a lot of people, and it isn't going to be a hot topic for most main stream media. Wishing won't make it so.

On the other hand, the tax lies have a chance of getting some legs. We really shouldn't be hijackign the diary with debates about a different, and far less media marketable, story, so I'll leave you to your fantasy.

by Catte Nappe on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 02:50:26 PM PDT

•  A guy impersonating a State Trooper and pulling (9+ / 0-)

people over for laughs is a guy who is abusing the power of the uniform.

Suitable candidate for Commander-in Chief and world leader?

I don't think so.

Having a bully in the position of POTUS is a very bad idea.
            It has always ended badly.

•  Right (3+ / 0-)
      JTinDC, elwior, mirandasright

Like Obama's college days don't get any scrutiny from Fox News?

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, a comedy for those who think" - Jean de la Bruyere

by Tinuviel on Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 02:53:03 PM PDT