View Diary: Baja Arizona Kossacks Open Thread (88 comments)

•  In the future, I don't suppose anybody (5+ / 0-)

will have a land line. But I'm an old fart. I've had the same phone number for eons. I don't have a cell phone since it seems silly to pay 2 phone bills. I guess I'll probably ditch the land line, but then my internet bill will go up.
    You can't win with these f*ckers.

The GOP ... Government of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

by Azazello on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 04:50:18 PM PDT

•  We finally got Hi-Speed Internet (2+ / 0-)
      Azazello, KenBee

April 2011, which allowed me to partake in Pootie Diaries and view Youtubes.
      It allows Mr.AzBlue to do his thing, too!

We ditched our land line and use Magic Jack and that works great!
      I think it's $19.95 a year, but I could be wrong.
      It's cheap, though.

We do have a $7.99 cell phone from a clearance rack from Target, and we buy minutes from Tracphone.
      There is no contract and it really works for us.
      Once you start Tracphone, they give you special deals continuously and we've never had to buy more minutes since we don't use the phone all that much.
      The minutes never die out as they transfer.
      We always tell people to call us on the Magic Jack, but no one ever does - they always call on the cell phone but it still works out.

All we need is LOVE!

by arizonablue on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 05:25:43 PM PDT

•  For cheaper cell service... (2+ / 0-)
        blueoasis, Larsstephens

Look up Kitty Wireless. They sell Page Plus, and you can get 400 minutes for $25. Or you can do monthly plans starting at $12 (250 mins and 250 texts.) They run on the Verizon Network and coverage up there should be pretty good; they seem to cover southern CO well from my experience. We've been using Page Plus for years.

•  I suppose you get polled a lot right? (4+ / 0-)

My parents have a landline and they have been getting Anti-Obama calls/Polling Calls almost every week. I have a younger brother (Junior High) and he picks up the phone to talk to them, LOL. I'm sure they are helping skew the polls Obama's way!

When the operation of the machine becomes so odious that you can't take part,you've got to put your bodies upon the gears;you got to make it stop.Indicate to the people who run it that unless you're free the machine will be prevented from working at all

by YoungArizonaLiberal on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 05:54:52 PM PDT

•  Hey, where ya' been ? (4+ / 0-)

I haven't been getting that many calls, yet. I feel pretty good about the President's chances; not in AZ but nationally. I'm looking more at local races these days. The state legislature is soooo important now, with the ALEC infestation and all; even TUSD school board, Corporation Commission, State Mine Inspector.

The GOP ... Government of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

by Azazello on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:03:28 PM PDT

•  Moved into a new apartment once I got back (3+ / 0-)
          Azazello, arizonablue, tytalus

from Denmark and I started volunteering at a Hospice! Other than that, I've been studying for the MCAT and getting ready for school, how about you? How are things?

by YoungArizonaLiberal on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:08:05 PM PDT

•  At our time of life ... (2+ / 0-)
            YoungArizonaLiberal, arizonablue

things are pretty much the same all the time. Boring stability. Our Kid is in his senior year at UHS, wants to go to UofA. He absolutely kicked ass on his SAT. He tests well, but neglects his GPA. He comes by it honest I guess. I took the MCAT once. I got a 70th percentile, if I remember right. I remember being disappointed. We'll probably have a meet-up pretty soon at The Shanty. Love to meet ya'.

The GOP ... Government of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

by Azazello on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:20:15 PM PDT

•  Cool! The Shanty is on 4th Ave right? (2+ / 0-)
              arizonablue, Azazello

Is that your usual meeting place? I would love to go to the next meetup! As long as you guys don't mind a young (insert cool adjective here) whippersnapper in your midst!

by YoungArizonaLiberal on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:41:48 PM PDT

•  The Shanty, every Wednesday, is the meeting place (3+ / 0-)

of Drinking Liberally. I only go down there if they have a debate, or some candidates or something. It makes a good place for Baja Kossacks to meet because it's close to UofA and many of us work/study there. Watch your messages, we'll let you know. And yes, we like young blood.

The GOP ... Government of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

by Azazello on Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:51:49 PM PDT

•  I dumped my landline... (3+ / 0-)
      Azazello, PSzymeczek, Larsstephens

...four years ago. I'm noticing that the VoIP bill keeps creeping up, but it hasn't hit Qwest levels yet.

As for the City of Tucson High-Speed Internet Monopoly, aka Cox, I can't wait for them to get some serious competition. Because when that happens, I'm kickin' Cox to the curb.