View Diary: The manifold lies of Paul Ryan: the media push-back (updated) (160 comments)

•  Well, lets not allow lies or distortions (10+ / 0-)

The only one I know "we" did was the "I like to fire people" which was taken out of context. Stick to the high ground, and let the GOP show their true colors. there are more than enough legitimate things to make the public distrust Romney, not the least of which WHERE ARE HIS TAXES? Isn't he competent enough to hire people to get them done on time,  UNLESS "on time" is the October 15 deadline?

Oh, look.....I get a tagline. I better not waste it. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

by sd4david on Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 01:51:59 PM PDT

•  Full quote (4+ / 0-)
      Judge Moonbox, LyMaRic, Sharoney, MooseHB

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone isn’t giving the good service, I want to say, I’m going to go get someone else to provide this service to."
      Firing people is not a hobby with Mitt, it's a full time job. A job he seems to enjoy.

If a man claims to speak for god he will assure he is also gods' banker.

by AuntieM on Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 05:24:13 PM PDT

•  If they're going to take Obama out of context... (3+ / 0-)
      LyMaRic, chickeee, third Party please

How does

The only one I know "we" did was the "I like to fire people"
      stack up aginst
      You didn't build that.
      ?

If they're going to take Obama quotes out if context, they don't have much of a right to complain about less unfair lefts from his speeches.

Just how stupid does Mitt Romney think we are? -Paul Krugman

by Judge Moonbox on Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 06:56:54 PM PDT

•  My point was not they didn't do it (3+ / 0-)
        Rosalie907, fhcec, MooseHB

but that we shouldn't do it. take the moral high road. don't allow people the opportunity to say "both sides do it." And be able to have examples from both sides.

by sd4david on Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 08:05:53 PM PDT

•  A Comment on Ends and Means (0+ / 0-)
          My point was not they didn't do it ... but that we shouldn't do it.
          This alone makes me proud to stand in the progressive camp.

Even the semblance of a moral compass provides the high ground these days, a very sad fact of our times.  That progressives nearly always have an actual moral compass, and beliefs & convictions that follow from that morality, inspires me to continue the good fight.

A country where the means do justice to the ends, is the end I strive for.  I will not use any means to get it.

1. Corporations control our democracy and do not have our interests at heart;
          2. The media is not neutral -- and not blameless;
          3. Ordinary people have extraordinary power.

by MooseHB on Fri Aug 31, 2012 at 08:02:33 AM PDT

•  Centrists will still say "both sides." (0+ / 0-)
          My point was not they didn't do it
          Where did the centrists find the opportunity to say that Obama was as extreme as the Tea Partisans after he didn't raise a fuss about the Republican filibusters?

The best explanation for the 60 Vote business is that Obama hoped to show the centrists that he was as tired of Washington infighting as they were, but in the 2010 elections, they weren't there for him.

To show what I"m talking about, there was a letter to the editor in the New York Times this week. The writer said he was a Democrat who remembered how John F. Kennedy's mandate was tainted by rumors that Mayor Richard J. Daley's machine has stuffed ballot enough boxes to take Illinois.

My memory does not go back that far. I certainly don't remember how the 303 electoral votes Kennedy got, minus the 27 Illinois had back then, were less than the 269 he needed. I also have to wonder how the writer didn't remember Bush winning in 2000 when Florida had disenfranchised tens of thousands of Democratic voters and George Bush won by a mere 537.

So let's not let the game be played without us. Let's not be so afraid that the centrists who are already demanding that Obama stand somewhere exactly halfway between the spot he finds and the Republicans; will hold us to a double standard out of mental laziness.

Just how stupid does Mitt Romney think we are? -Paul Krugman