View Diary: Dear Bigot, I get it. You hate me. Now get on with your life. (224 comments)

•  Could have been worse... (9+ / 0-)

Coulda been one of those straight guys who is convinced that you will instantly have a threeway because "All lesbians are secretly Bi."

I don't blame Christians. I blame Stupid. Which sadly is a much more popular religion these days.

by detroitmechworks on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 02:52:53 PM PDT

•  Y'know, I've seen a lot less of that attitude (7+ / 0-)

lately. I think that whole myth may be going away. It's been ages since I've had that one thrown at me.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 03:00:16 PM PDT

•  Heh (7+ / 0-)

My bi daughter told me the other day that, yes, she's definitely up for a threesome.

She's 16. And a virgin with guys and girls (and, yes, she'd tell me). And she's already fantasizing about threesomes.

I said to her, "You know, that's just about every guy's wet dream, right?"

"Yes, I know," she replied smugly.

Oy, :D

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 03:09:35 PM PDT

•  Nothing wrong with fantasizing, (6+ / 0-)

as long as she keeps it to that till she's ready (and preferably a few years older).

Sounds like you might need to stock up on Just For Men for those extra grey hairs. ;-)

"If we ever needed to vote we sure do need to vote now" -- Rev. William Barber, NAACP

by Cali Scribe on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 03:57:13 PM PDT

•  Are you kidding me? (1+ / 0-)
            Ginny in CO

The only reason she's still a virgin is she's waiting for someone to ask her out on a date.

The first person that shows an interest in her, that she's interested back, will get laid in a hurry. I have no illusions on that score.

My only saving grace is that she can't get pregnant, even if she sleeps with a guy :).

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 04:18:42 PM PDT

•  This is not a joke ! (0+ / 0-)

Have you thought about (if she doesn't have one) getting her a substitute?
              My kids (m & f) were pretty comfortable talking about sex before they took the UUA class on sex and sexuality. Then they shared all the crap that went on in junior high and high school. The ignorance and stupidity was stunning. This was '95 - '03, so some things have changed. Not necessarily very much, or in a lot of schools.

What I had emphasized with them is that the physical pleasure is not always that memorable. If the person you had your first experience with turns out to be a turd, you will remember how bad it felt for decades. Same for subsequent experiences. An ugly emotional experience can wipe out all the pleasure.

I am really glad their experiences have been far happier than the ones I regretted in the early 70's.

by Ginny in CO on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 09:13:24 PM PDT

•  She's got a substitute :) (2+ / 0-)
                BoiseBlue, Ginny in CO

And I'm exaggerating slightly--she's not going to do it on the first date or anything. But, emotionally ready in the abstract (since there's not a specific person yet)? She is. I have no doubt.

One of the problems she has is she has friends in very satisfying sex-included relationships. One of her two best friends--I'll call her J--has been with her boyfriend for about a year, and they're apparently emotionally and sexually very compatible. (My daughter herself says they're perfect for each other). What makes this more remarkable is that J's first "experience" was just about as bad as it gets--she was raped by her father.

So, yeah, when one of your two best friends--who started in a far deeper hole than you'll ever know--has apparently hit the jackpot, it makes you start looking for your own.

There's also the other side of the coin. My ex-wife had teenaged experiences like yours. My teenaged experiences? Non-existent. I was an awkward nerd who couldn't get a date and was stuck an unwilling virgin until I was 22. Daughter knows both Mom and Dad's histories, but since she is also an awkward nerd who can't get a date, she's much more worried about being Dad than being Mom.

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 07:21:53 AM PDT

•  My gay son told me not that long ago that (0+ / 0-)

he sometimes wished he were bi because then he'd have the best of both worlds.