View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: With race tightening, DSCC makes an ad buy in Connecticut (188 comments)

•  Wait, what? (0+ / 0-)

You think Warren is a lock to beat Brown with a "semi-competent" race?  That Murphy will do the same?  NOT the same thing as 2010, not by a long shot.

"Nonsense!" said Alice, very loudly and decidedly, and the Queen was silent.

by RIposte on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:20:52 AM PDT

•  Why yes, yes I do. (0+ / 0-)

White Male, 36, New FL-14 (Castor), proud father of a 4-year-old daughter. "Who let the dogs out? Who? Who?" - Mitt Romney, MLK Day 2008.

by spiderdem on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:22:01 AM PDT

•  You're more confident than me (0+ / 0-)

I sense the stories about Warren's ad campaign not working probably are right.  That's specific and "smells right" to me, not the kind of ignorant hand-wringing interested observers sometimes have.  I ignore Dave Catanese relying so much on sparse public polling to write stories that she's down, but there are other tea leaves of real issues.

On Murphy, it's obvious at this point that he, too, isn't selling himself or attacking McMahon effectively.

I do think Murphy ends up winning, but I suspect Warren is a tossup heading into election day and no better than 50-50.  She never did build on her early momentum.

44, male, Indian-American, married and proud father of a girl and 2 boys, Democrat, VA-10

by DCCyclone on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 07:02:18 AM PDT

•  I do not think Warren will win by much, (2+ / 0-)
          Christopher Walker, DCCyclone

but I am very confident she will win.  The fundamentals are just overwhelming there, and I do not believe Brown can overcome them on personality and faux centrism.  I feel almost exactly the same way about Rick Berg in ND as I do Warren.

by spiderdem on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 07:21:55 AM PDT

•  My bigger worry is that the machines in the state (1+ / 0-)
          LordMike

aren't turned on for her, so to speak.

"The election of Mitt Romney and a supporting congress this November would be a...disaster for America. Think of the trainwreck that has been the Conservative government in Britain since 2010. And square it."--Brad DeLong

by bjssp on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 07:36:39 AM PDT

•  Yes, "not the same things as 2010, by a long shot" (1+ / 0-)
      tietack

This will be a much easier environment for Democrats to win in states where the fundamentals favor them.

by spiderdem on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:23:17 AM PDT

•  You're not from around here, are you? n/t (0+ / 0-)

"Nonsense!" said Alice, very loudly and decidedly, and the Queen was silent.

by RIposte on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:38:29 AM PDT

•  From around where? (1+ / 0-)
          tietack

I'm from Florida as my sig says, if that's what you mean.  If you mean DKE, I've been a regular commenter here and on its predecessor for roughly six or seven years.

And to borrow from Congressman Barney Frank, "on what planet do you spend most of your time?"

by spiderdem on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:41:09 AM PDT

•  Well I'm from RI (0+ / 0-)

and I have no idea what you're talking about, so maybe elaborating might help.

Living in Kyoto-06 (Japan), voting in RI-01, went to college in IL-01.

by sapelcovits on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 07:14:54 AM PDT