View Diary: Can You Accept Simpson Bowles-Sh!t and Still Call Yourself a Democrat? (251 comments)

•  Wrong on all accounts (0+ / 1-)
    Hidden by:
    PsychoSavannah
    Rustbelt is right.  We have successfully moved the party to the left.  We're past Clinton having to declare "the end of welfare as we know it."  But if you want to go back to those days, or to the George Wallace days, then you aren't a Democrat, you're an unreformed Dixiecrat.  If your goal is to drive a policy change that you deeply care about, this long-winded, rambling diary won't do it because you haven't articulated a coherent policy.
    The George Wallace reference is one big fail and I'm no Dixecrat in any way shape or form just because you fail to put them in proper context with today's parties like RD. I'm all about LBJ and kicking Dixecrats out of the party. I'm all about arm twisting. I'm all about real progress instead of dressing up failure as progress. Maybe you're Pro Wall St and wish black people were sold as slaves on the market securitized(thre was some truth to Biden's statement) since you don't give a fuck about their plight and the foreclosure crisis? Maybe you like Jim Crow because you support the new Jim Crow as private prison lobbyists are in Obama's Justice department, but you don't even have the intellectual curiosity to know that. You see that? Two can play at that game of grasping straws. Don't ever try to come at me with that BS ever again. That's for starters.

And second of all, why is Obama out there promising he didn't get rid of the welfare to work requirement if he's so over welfare reform? that's a supposed big deal that we know that. the whole referencing old racist Democrats, many who have switched to Republicans was a desperate straw RD tried and ultimately failed at as I have shown above to portray the ideas that have raped Latin America as "the left." Maybe you don't care about Latinos tortured.

By the way, Carter's downfall was the hostage crisis and his failed response.  The economy and his policy failures didn't help and probably set him off on the wrong road, but the idea that our diplomats were held hostage and the Carter administration was walking around with their thumbs up their asses was too much, allowing Reagan's warmongering rhetoric to become credible in the face of Carter's ineffectual response and failed rescue operation.  They didn't vote for Reagan because they wanted single payer, they voted for Reagan because most Americans felt like the Iranians and others were walking on our faces.
    Absolutely wrong. That was a part of it, but ti was the economy mostly exactly as I have laid like Rick Perlstein and James Galbraith who was there with Hubert Humphrey.

And third of all, it's none of your god damned business.

‎A) "Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out." - George Carlin B) "The administration should be worried about the level of despair here." ~Markos Moulitsas at NN12

by priceman on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 10:48:29 PM PDT

•  You have an agenda. (0+ / 0-)

And I don't think it's to get Democrats elected.  It's certainly not to effect policy change, not when all of your stink bombs appear to be calibrated to alienate potential allies.

You are a disgusting person.  Even if that was meant as snark or some sort of witty comeback, you are simply a disgusting person.  I'm sorry that I lowered myself to a point where a debate with you could be attempted.

I do hope the sewers that you regularly thrash about within are pleasant for you, because they sure aren't very pleasant to the rest of us.  Goodnight.

"The first drawback of anger is that it destroys your inner peace; the second is that it distorts your view of reality. If you come to understand that anger is really unhelpful, you can begin to distance yourself from anger." - The Dalai Lama

by auron renouille on Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 11:01:47 PM PDT

•  That section is disgusting (2+ / 0-)
        auron renouille, Deep Texan

And I would HR if I followed the Bobswern rules. But I follow the Daily Kos rules and have to acknowledge that we are in a "conversation"

Note to self, stop before I emulate the habits described in this diary.

by Rustbelt Dem on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:26:56 AM PDT

•  No, equating others with Dixiecrats is disgusting (0+ / 0-)

That's why I reacted that way, but I was just playing the sick game that was put onto me by auron renouille.

My shit's well documented though. Obama loves the drug war and has private prison advocates in his DOJ. This disproportionally affects the African American Community. That part wasn't really even hyperbole. I have background on that like everything in this diary.

I don't show up and troll your comments and diaries because you don't interest me. But you obviously have nothing better to do.

by priceman on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:57:21 AM PDT

•  But, (2+ / 0-)
        auron renouille, Deep Texan

It's best to just recognize what agenda people have, then not engage. First the hailing of a dangerous authoritarian with an contempt for constitutional governance such as Huey Long as some sort of progressive hero, then this kind of revisionist fictional Democratic party that is just as real as the GOP golden age of the 1950s (it was golden only if you were some strains of white).

By the way priceman, I won't speak for African Americans but I'm willing to bet that you don't have the goodwill to say things that Joe Biden can.

Note to self, stop before I emulate the habits described in this diary.

by Rustbelt Dem on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:39:55 AM PDT

•  My agenda is for the unemployed (0+ / 0-)

Maybe you should have lost all your money(no FDIC). That's oen way to stick it to Huey. Maybe the New Deal should have never happened(and it would have been weaker had it nto have been for Huey Long) and a significant portion of the African American population should have starved to death in your skewed version of history because FDR had to deal with Dixecrats on every committee in Congress and he should have never adopted any ideas from the Union ticket if you even know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure you don't, though..

Maybe you need to study how WWII veterans benefits were not cut because he marched them to capitol hill to confront FDR. pehrpas you wuish they were liek you wish SS never came into the debate fomr Dr. pete Towsned which you obviously have no fucking idea about. klol. Spare me your skewed evrsion of history.

You fail to mention (not a dime's worth of difference between Dems and Repubs) Wallace went against an icon of the Democratic party via JFK while hoping that bringing his name up along with other Dixiecrats that Truman starting out pissing off and then LBJ made leave the party with the civil rights acts while never answering how I took on your argument with ease. It was a weak argument you were pressing on and still are; history is full of nuance. The New Deal defined the Democratic Party Platform built on by the Fair Deal and the Great Society.

If you hate the great Society, just refuse medicare. there's nothing revisionist at all about what i said. I take history into account with nuance. Wall St was taken on by FDR like Standard Oil and its abuses and other monopolies were taken on by Huey Long in LA despite unconventional political maneuvering, but because you read something somewhere about Long being Hitler doesn't make it some profound argument.

I'm glad someone was there to pressure FDR and turn him into the 1936 landslide candidate he turned out to be. You think ignoring the foreclosure crisis and the history of the great Depression and the correct answers to it and banking regulation because you wrongly perceive Obama as making the Democratic party "more left" even with Republican ideas form 1994 as HCR and John McCain's drill baby drill in action. The Conservadems pretty much dictate what happens most in Congress and it hurts minority communities, but you pretend it's not happening and you think you deserve some kind of medal for poor agumentum and name dropping from the past. Well you don't. You lack nuance and critical thinking, and I don't give a damn what you think of me or what my agenda is.

Now why don't you get lost.

by priceman on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 05:12:48 AM PDT

•  HR fo this: (2+ / 0-)
      Rustbelt Dem, Deep Texan

David Koch is Longshanks, and Occupy is the real Braveheart.

by PsychoSavannah on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 06:21:59 AM PDT

•  In response to being equated with a Dixiecrat (0+ / 0-)

And it was hyperbole in response to that disgusting insinuation. This was obvious.

You see that? Two can play at that game of grasping straws.
        But whatever. Do what you want.

by priceman on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 06:31:14 AM PDT

•  PS, just walk away (0+ / 0-)

Priceman is discrediting himself with his words, no need for anyone to be dragged along with it.

Note to self, stop before I emulate the habits described in this diary.

by Rustbelt Dem on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 06:49:53 AM PDT