View Diary: Mitt Romney goes off the deep end with new defense of his embassy attack (253 comments)

•  At some point you would think they (10+ / 0-)

might want to ask themselves is Romney is worth stealing for.

Since when is the party that embraces all the top tenets of Satan allowed to call the God shots?--wyvern

by voracious on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 07:51:06 AM PDT

•  Ultimately The Only Way To Stop That Crap... (4+ / 0-)

...is to throw a few of the perps into prison (real break-rocks-all-day prison, not Club Fed) and scare the rest of them straight.

On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass.

by stevemb on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 07:54:34 AM PDT

•  Sure, Mitt Romney is worth it because they (10+ / 0-)

have no intention of alllowing Mitt Romney be in charge of US foreign policy any more than Ronald Reagan was before he had to confess

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. "
      full text of Reagan's amazing speech
      The GOP/neocon men-behind-the-curtain will be in charge. Top priority: war with Iran.

Eliminate tax breaks that stimulate the offshoring of jobs.

by RJDixon74135 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 08:04:36 AM PDT

•  You're reminding us of another great failure of (5+ / 0-)

the PRESS.

Okay, the Government says you MUST abort your child. NOW do you get it?

by Catskill Julie on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 08:09:25 AM PDT

•  i remember watcvhing that speech (1+ / 0-)
        RJDixon74135

I wasn't involved politically back then, but I was astonished. He actually told the public he couldn't remember having done the deed he apparently DID do!!

So he's either a brazen liar or demented, I thought! At the time I assumed "brazen liar" (now I lean "demented") but I looked for an outraged reaction in the press in the follwing days. There was none.

That's when I realized the fix was in - Reagan could do ANYTHING dishonest or illegal or just plain stupid, and never get called on it. "Teflon" they called it, affectionately.

I was so disgusted I tuned out of politics for another 10 years...

•  It looks to me that the GOP hasn't had any (0+ / 0-)

appetite for intelligence in a presidential candidate since Eisenhower. They want a puppet. Nixon was a little too hard for Kissinger to handle, so... poof. Ford was more well behaved. Reagan was in the early stages of Alzheimer's, but he probably DIDN'T trade arms for hostages. Someone did that for him. I'd guess Bush 1, who then he slipped up when he uttered the words "voodoo economics, so ... one term. Bush 2 was just about right for the GOP machine, and Romney is from the same mold, a little more smoothed around the edges.

Eliminate tax breaks that stimulate the offshoring of jobs.

by RJDixon74135 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 09:37:02 AM PDT

•  They realize that no matter what Romney (4+ / 0-)

says, he'll do exactly as he's told if he makes it to the White House.  All Romney wants is to be president; he doesn't give a rat's ass about policy unless it will add $$ to his bottom line.

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

by SueDe on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 08:06:23 AM PDT

•  Is he manipulatable? Then he's worth it. (3+ / 0-)
      politicalceci, dinazina, lcbo

They want power again. The neocons have been salivating the past couple days, their fingers itching to sign more contracts with the bomb contractors. Of course they want this.

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. --Mark Twain

by Debby on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 08:10:18 AM PDT

•  And he's obviously manipulatable (1+ / 0-)
        Debby

because he wants it so bad. Look at the way he's abandoned every position he's held in the past so he can swerve to the right and appeal to the rabid and very vocal base of Republican supporters.

He'll continue to do it if elected - because he'll want to be perceived as a strong and capable president. The only way he'd be able to do that is not to have a whack of overrides of presidential vetoes - so he'll happily sign whatever crap the TeaBags send his way.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy... the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

by lcbo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 09:53:48 AM PDT

•  they don't care about romney (1+ / 0-)
      helfenburg

or his maggot-infested campaign

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 08:12:13 AM PDT

•  Romney isn't worth stealing for.. (1+ / 0-)
      lcbo

but winning is, and that's the prize for these guys - continuing their license to rob America blind and maintain the boot on our necks. Romney is a useful tool, just like GWB.

Your black cards can make you money, so you hide them when you're able; in the land of milk and honey, you must put them on the table - Steely Dan

by OrdinaryIowan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 09:41:24 AM PDT

•  exactly (0+ / 0-)

I think the GOP establishment has resigned itself to losing at the top of the ticket and is just going to kick up "Operation Stonewall" into high gear for the next four years.

Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds. --Elie Wiesel

by a gilas girl on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 02:11:27 PM PDT