View Diary: Wisconsin Capitol Police Ambush Disabled Vet, Send Her to Hospital with Cardiac Symptoms (148 comments)

•  It is not. (5+ / 0-)

Do you not understand unions exist to make life better for workers, and cops 'supporting anti-union activity' are acting against that notion?

"I believe more women should carry guns. I believe armed women will make the world a better place. Women need to come to think of themselves not as victims but as dangerous." Anna Pigeon

by glorificus on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:23:23 PM PDT

•  I do understand what you said. (6+ / 0-)
      rosarugosa, elwior, Creosote, AoT, Lujane, zett

Before the previous chief was fired those same officers were on our side. The question proposes there may come a day when Walker is their enemy. Would you then side with Walker?

Do you understand that when anyone needs our support we have a moral obligation to support them?

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:34:33 PM PDT

•  I think it would be a lot to ask the cops to (8+ / 0-)

practice civil disobedience while on the job.  During the other rallies, they would attend rallies while not working, they were on the side of the people.

They are clearly under orders from you-know-who. I might not feel so sympathetic towards them if I had been handcuffed, ticketed at home or had my picture taken. It is easy to be "objective" when you are not the target of the behavior.

•  No. We have a moral obligation to help those (5+ / 0-)

who need help, IF THAT IS PART OF OUR PERSONAL MORALITY AND WE HAVE THE MEANS TO DO SO.

These officers saw this coming under the previous chief. Walker and Fitzgerald didn't leave, so why do they think the situation would change?

These orders have been coming for a while, and these officers made their choices.

I just can't sympathize with abuse of old people.

by glorificus on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:44:51 PM PDT

•  Or of any people, actually. (3+ / 0-)
          rosarugosa, elwior, CuriousBoston

by glorificus on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:47:08 PM PDT

•  I didn't mean I sympathized with this action, (3+ / 0-)
          Just Bob, elwior, CuriousBoston

You're correct, this was wrong.

I meant, more generally, that the cops should also have bargaining rights.

•  "abuse of old people" (1+ / 0-)
          rosarugosa

No one is suggesting that we should support that abuse of old people or anyone. That isn't the issue.

It seems the only thing that would satisfy you would be to have the capitol police quit en masse. They are in a difficult position.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:56:16 PM PDT

•  "difficult position"? (3+ / 0-)
            elwior, KenBee, CuriousBoston

I imagine they and their families have places indoors to sleep with flush toilets and eat food. And health care and pensions.

Are they possibliy conflicted mentally? Maybe.

There are people who are in much more "difficult" positions.

Scott Walker is. Maybe no one else supports it, but the behavior is escalating unabated. And hey, LOOK what happend today to that woman. And man.

So, what is the issue?