View Diary: Two U.S. Marines Killed, Four Wounded, in Attack on Military Base in Afghanistan (45 comments)

•  It may not have been rioters (4+ / 0-)

but I'm sure he insurgents took advantage of the current atmosphere, or saw some kind of opportunity in it.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 03:31:46 PM PDT

•  Yes. it was insurgents, not rioters. I thought I (1+ / 0-)
      coquiero

had written this, coquiero, let me make sure i put this in.  I thought I had written the fact that it was insurgents, not rioters does not make the deaths any less tragic for their families.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 03:42:17 PM PDT

•  Of course not (1+ / 0-)
        HoundDog

I was just making a comment. It seems like there has been a lot of activity going on around the world, honestly, even here in the US, in reaction to or somehow taking advantage of the chaotic atmosphere.

That's all I was trying to say, I'm sorry if it came off as insensitive.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 03:45:43 PM PDT

•  Oh, I see what you are saying coquiero. No (1+ / 0-)
          coquiero

problem.  You are no doubt correct that there are some that will exploit these tragic events for their own political gain.  Yesterday, on MSNBC someone either suggested, or asked the question if one particular government was allowing protests to escalate to a certain point to deflect citizen anger away from them, and towards the U.S. instead.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 04:19:19 PM PDT

•  insurgents now (0+ / 0-)

and when they fought the Soviet Army on our behalf we called them freedom fighters.

Orwell - "Political language ... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable"

by truong son traveler on Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 07:08:49 AM PDT

•  Check just under the block quote as I have pointed (1+ / 0-)
      coquiero

this out.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Fri Sep 14, 2012 at 03:45:13 PM PDT

• Recommended (120)
  • Community (56)
  • Elections (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Media (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Environment (21)
  • Culture (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Science (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • Economy (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Health Care (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site