View Diary: The Chronicles of Mitt: Sept 18, 2012 (63 comments)

•  Want to see how Gallup moves tomorrow... (6+ / 0-)

I know, I know, I shouldn't only look at one poll. And I don't. But Obama has seen his bounce fade to pretty much nothing, given that he is up only by a point today. If tomorrow he jumps back to 2 or more, it would mean voters are actually responding to Mitt's abhorrent comments.

But even before this, with Romney's horrid campaign, he is down only by a point? There is a lot of backslapping on here and I love watching RMoney keep shooting himself in the foot, but I won't feel comfortable until the polls reflect the way we see things.

Except Ras. I have lost all hope of him showing another Obama lead. Gotta build that narrative! lol

Romney: Believe in (half of) America

by kmoros on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 06:21:10 PM PDT

•  Hard to believe but Romney supporters (3+ / 0-)
      Lying eyes, polecat, diggerspop

seem to be "I got mine screw you" crowd.

Government isn't the answer to all our problems, but tax cuts, deregulation and greed are the source of many of them.

by coffejoe on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 06:27:03 PM PDT

•  They certainly seem to be (3+ / 0-)
        Navy Vet Terp, OldDragon, diggerspop

I had one of them explain to me that that Ryan's plan to decimate medicare wasn't a problems because "nothing changes if unless you're under 55."

Um. I AM under 55...but even if I wasn't (and even if what he was saying were true), I would still be opposed to the Ryan budget plan because, you know, we're a community and we're supposed to look out for each other, even those members of the community who will come along 20 years from now. Clearly this guy's attitude was more in line with the "screw you" philosophy.

•  And don't forget... (1+ / 0-)
        diggerspop

The "I haven't quite got mine yet, but I will...soon.So screw me!"crowd.

•  oh my dear, that's the GOP mantra. (0+ / 0-)

I'm told some of them even have it tatooed on their asses.

Proud Democrat since 1960.

by Lying eyes on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 06:49:35 PM PDT

•  that is on Obama and the Democrats (0+ / 0-)

We haven't been able to drive a wedge between reality and the wedge issues for the poor white Republicans who care more about gays and guns and definitions of life than they do their own wallet and well-being.

I HOPE this comment will be understood by the typical republican voter...who is most definitely not a part of the 1%...and finally choose to tell their conservative "elite" to fuck off.

I HOPE that Santorum's "We'll never have the smart people" crack offends these typical Republican voter's sense of pride.

Hopeful but not willing to bet on it because years of brainwashing probably can't be erased by a couple "FU poor and undereducated" comments.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have laid my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. – Yeats

by Bill O Rights on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 07:12:37 PM PDT

•  OH, FL, IA, WI, MI, PA, Nevada, Virginia, (2+ / 0-)
      grover, SusanInTXunfortunately

and Colorado.

The popular vote (Gallup) means nothing.  46% of voters will vote for Romney no matter what he says.  What is important is how voters in the swing states will vote.  All the states listed above are in Obama's column, some outside the MOE.

"The attack on the truth by war begins long before war starts and continues long after a war ends." -Julian Assange

by Pierro Sraffa on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 06:36:29 PM PDT

•  the only people they poll (1+ / 0-)
      SusanInTXunfortunately

are people with landline home phones.

We made it through puberty - how awful can dying be?

by nolagrl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 06:48:04 PM PDT

•  Good point! (0+ / 0-)

We don't have one anymore and many people I know don't.

•  Gallup does call cell phones (1+ / 0-)
        kacemo

From the Gallup website:

Gallup includes cell phones in each national Gallup poll. Gallup has been including cell phone-only households in all national telephone Gallup polls since January 2008. Further, cell phone-only households are now as likely to fall into national Gallup polls samples as those living in traditional landline households.

I worked for the Nader presidential campaign in 2000. I'm so sorry!

by NYLefty on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 07:22:30 PM PDT