View Diary: Psychiatry – Our Country Is Run By Crazy People (105 comments)

•  I already have. (7+ / 0-)

And I suspect that as a forensic profiler, I know a hell of a lot more about major mental illness and personality disorders than you do.

The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand. - Sun Tzu

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 11:28:44 AM PDT

•  Yes, I should have checked (2+ / 0-)
      psyched, gzodik

Yes, you have written 19 diaries and many are highly recommended.  That is to your credit.

But in my quick perusal of your diary titles, I didn't see anything about psychopaths there.  And you claim expertise in this area.

So I will invite you, as I have invited others, to point out any factual errors you have identified in my article.  After all, you think it is so bad it should be deleted.

"The fool doth think he is wise: the wise man knows himself to be a fool" - W. Shakespeare

by Hugh Jim Bissell on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 11:50:56 AM PDT

•  Sorry sport, you don't get to tell me what to (6+ / 0-)

write about.  I come here for enjoyment, not work.  Some months I write as many as 250,000 words on that subject, according to my transcription service.  Again, suggest you delete this offensive diary.

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 01:01:31 PM PDT

•  Sorry Sport, you don't get to decide (2+ / 0-)
          psyched, gzodik

Sorry Sport, you don't get to decide what I write about either.

by Hugh Jim Bissell on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 01:18:38 PM PDT

•  So - no factual errors in the article (2+ / 0-)
          psyched, gzodik

So, we are in agreement: there are no factual errors in the article.

by Hugh Jim Bissell on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 01:19:43 PM PDT

•  I did not say that. (3+ / 0-)
            theatre goon, Tom Seaview, 43north

I am not your editor and am not going to wade through that much drivel to massage your ego.  Starting with the title, it is offensive.  You give yourself far too much credit and your attempt to put words in my mouth is positively Rovian.

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 01:25:25 PM PDT

•  It's a statement of fact (2+ / 0-)
              psyched, gzodik

Yes, I am insisting that you be accurate.

It is a statement of fact: "there are no factual errors in this article".  The only reason you would not say that is because a) there are indeed errors of fact (and you haven't identified any so I guess we can put that to rest) or b) you refuse to recognize or acknowledge this fact.  And ignoring facts is positively Rovian.

As for "...the title, it is offensive".  That statement IS NOT a fact: it is your opinion.

C'mon - show some integrity.  Shit or get off the pot: are there errors of fact in the article or not?  With your claim of expertise on the matter of psychopaths, you should have no trouble finding any errors that are included.

by Hugh Jim Bissell on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 01:55:28 PM PDT

•  I am accurate. The following is 100% accurate. (4+ / 0-)

This diary is a POS and should be deleted.  You have switched from insulting firearms owners to the radioactive topic of mental illness issues. On both topics it is clear that you have a tin ear for the sensibilities of both groups.

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 02:14:44 PM PDT

•  Admit it - there are no errors in the article (1+ / 0-)
                  gzodik

Thank you for offering your opinion, but no facts.

Once again, I point out that you (a self-professed expert on the subject of psychopaths ) have identified ZERO errors in this article - and that is a fact!!!

by Hugh Jim Bissell on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 03:14:16 PM PDT

•  Not "self-professed." (4+ / 0-)

Certified as an expert in the field by a number of State & Federal courts as well as the US Supreme Court.  And no, I am not going to reveal to you my real world identity.  I come here to get away from that stuff.

And I CHOOSE not to respond to any specifics in your diary because it is insulting to persons hurting with mental health problems and not worth dignifying by engaging your usual disingenuous points. Ignoring is not affirmation.  However, I have a recipe for some excellent haggis.

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 03:52:16 PM PDT

•  Did the same to me upthread. (5+ / 0-)
              your attempt to put words in my mouth is positively Rovian
              I wanted to have it HRed for right wing rhetorical methodology.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 04:22:09 PM PDT