View Diary: Psychiatry – Our Country Is Run By Crazy People (105 comments)

•  Here's what I think. (0+ / 0-)

I think you showed up here because you were following the diarist.

I think you were following the diarist because of his gun control diaries.

I think your piling on here was completely unrelated to the content of this diary.

Does that not fit the site definition of stalking? It sounds like stalking to me.

GOP: Bankers, billionaires, suckers, and dupes.

by gzodik on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 08:09:48 PM PDT

•  Did it not occur to you that some of us (9+ / 0-)

are heavily invested in mental health issues?  This diary was, in many ways, as inflammatory as some of the I/P diaries.

Did you also notice many people who showed up here appear to be supporters of gun control, but on this particular issue are on the same side as all but one (now former) RKBA member?   I for one do not follow this diarist; however, I do keep out an eye for dairies with references to "Crazy" people in the title.  To me that is as much a slur as some Black Kos members might find a racial epithet.  And would be about as well received as this POS diary you support.   Man after your own heart, indeed.

It should tell you something that this diary has almost a hundred comments but only four recs.  Not a record, but close.

The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand. - Sun Tzu

by Otteray Scribe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 09:06:40 PM PDT

•  Don't you think it odd (0+ / 0-)

that none of the critics would address the content of the diary?

That the only critique of the diary consisted of calling the diarist names?

Is your only problem with the diary the use of the word "crazy"?

GOP: Bankers, billionaires, suckers, and dupes.

by gzodik on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 09:57:38 PM PDT

•  Personally, I did not get much past the title (5+ / 0-)

any more than I would have gotten past the title if it said "This country is being run by a n***r.  Starting with the basic premise, and after skimming over the diary, I have no interest at all in engaging in details with a person who seems to think hyperbolic insults and non-stop logical fallacies is some kind of honest intellectual discourse.

Had I been assisting a legal team in preparing a cross examination of this diarist, it would be a different story.  I get paid for my time to do that, and if you want to send me a retainer fee we can discuss the amount; otherwise, I am not going to waste my time of this nonsense.  Be on notice, I do not work cheap.

by Otteray Scribe on Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 05:07:27 AM PDT

•  Read the comments. (6+ / 0-)

There is plenty of criticism directed at the content of this diary.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 06:10:37 AM PDT

•  I'm invested (0+ / 0-)

About as much as anyone.

I have two siblings who have been hospitalized numerous times for psychiatric reasons.

I have taken almost every psychopharmacoogical medication existent, all the most promising therapies, and had ECT, I don't know how many times. None were of any help to me.

I am aware that this diary is not consistent with commonly accepted theory and practice. I consider that to be an asset.

It seems painfully obvious to me that the matter is one of biochemical genetics. Until we can unravel that, we are trying to use a hammer to fix a watch.

GOP: Bankers, billionaires, suckers, and dupes.

by gzodik on Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 10:24:26 PM PDT

•  gzodik: (3+ / 0-)

There's probably a genetic aspect to psychological disorders.
          I'm certain there's an environmental aspect - and that can be the atmosphere in the home, or exposure to an organic or inorganic compound.  Likely both.
          Single addicted parent, violence in the neighborhood, violence in the home, unmitigated lead paint, organic solvents used in compounding drugs.

Add them up, and you've a potent cocktail for psycho-social disorders.

I fear our Government, and their headlong rush to approve the latest GMO seed from Dow Agra/Monsanto/Bayer AG.
          There's an increasing body of evidence that GMO pollen is linked to the honeybee sudden hive collapse syndrome.

We can look to our children and the excuse of "better nutrition" for what's going on - unusually - in their bodies.

I was raised in a well-fed neighborhood, and obesity wasn't common in children.  Nor diabetes.  Nor did 5th grade girls require bras, except for playing dress-up.
          So I'm skeptical when someone says:  "It's not the food."

Our government and private agencies are assisting the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in coping with the long-term effects of Agent Orange exposure.

Meanwhile our government is maintaining it's "nothing to see here - move along" attitude at home.

We continue to see 2, 4, D sprayed on lawns and crops, along with RoundUp® - and "it's fine... trust us".
          Thus adding new meaning to "Keep Off the Grass".

Nothing about this is new, as the phrase: "Mad as a Hatter" refers to 'crazy' hat makers, contaminated with mercury from the felting process.

•  Alternatively... (3+ / 0-)
      rockhound, IndieGuy, PavePusher

...I saw the title in the recent diaries list and clicked on it to see if the inflammatory title could be supported.

It wasn't.

That all being the case, you have once again made a false accusation.  I hope that isn't becoming a habit -- it doesn't always turn out well for the person doing so.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 04:32:09 AM PDT

•  And I was led here by the diarist himself. (2+ / 0-)
      theatre goon, PavePusher

In his latest screed, he's whining about the fact that this particular diary wasn't well received.  I popped over here to see why.  I saw.

Time travel opportunity. Must bring your own weapons. Your safety is not guaranteed, I've only done this once before. Call 866.555.1212.

by IndieGuy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 10:16:30 AM PDT

• Education (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Spam (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site