View Diary: Big Dog: Romney's refusal to explain tax plan should be a 'red flag' to voters (78 comments)

•  No one does deadly understatement (8+ / 0-)

like Bill Clinton:

“He says he can do that without raising taxes in the middle class,” Clinton added. “I’m not sure that’s possible. But he wants to defer till after the election saying what the specifics are. I think that ought to be a little bit of a red flag.”
    His demeanor is so warm and friendly and his words are so calm and understated - "ought to be a little bit of a red flag."  For a $5 TRILLION dollar deficit.  Yes, I'd agree there, Mr. President.  But instead of ranting and screaming about it, he makes the point with that smile and it gets people not just to listen - but to remember.

Deadly, deadly.

•  Remembering Can Be A Double Edged Sword (1+ / 0-)
      Gooserock

In a few moments, I will sign the North American free trade act into law. NAFTA will tear clown trade barriers between our three nations. It will create the world's largest trade zone and create 200,000 jobs in this country by 1995 alone. The environmental and labor side agreements negotiated by our administration will make this agreement a force for social progress as well as economic growth. Already the confidence we've displayed by ratifying NAFTA has begun to bear fruit. We are now making real progress toward a worldwide trade agreement so significant that it could make the material gains of NAFTA for our country look small by comparison.

Bill Clinton signs into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act, November 12, 1999

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 08:35:54 AM PDT

•  Plenty of Us Remember; These are the Kinds of (2+ / 0-)
        annieli, pamelabrown

things we need to turn attention to after the election.

by Gooserock on Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 08:38:36 AM PDT

•  Yeah, 'Cause So Many People (0+ / 0-)

In the Democratic Party held Barack Obama to his campaign promises about NAFTA that he hasn't even had to use the term in a speech that I can find.

That's the perfect time to remind politicians what they've said and done, after they've been re-elected.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 08:41:12 AM PDT

•  NAFTA's never getting nixed. (0+ / 0-)

For crissakes, come live in the real world.

VULTURE/VOUCHER 2012. FUCK YOU, MIDDLE CLASS!

by GOPGO2H3LL on Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 08:51:28 AM PDT

•  Roger that but (0+ / 0-)

Glass-Steagall needs to be unrepealed. The Big Dog's Biggest Mistake.

2012 GOP Platform: "I Got Mine, Jack."

by Yankee Patriot on Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 09:03:56 AM PDT

•  This Is Barack Obama In 2008 (0+ / 0-)

I didn't just start criticizing unfair trade deals like NAFTA because I started running for president
              Barack Obama has signed three new NAFTA style so-called 'free trade' agreements since being elected president, and he is currently going balls out on another one, yet he has not said a word about NAFTA in public since being elected president that I can find.

Was he lying in 2008, or was he just saying what he thought people wanted to hear?

And either way, how am I supposed to interpret what Barack Obama is saying now, and why should I not believe Mitt Romney, because he is a liar, but I am supposed to believe what Barack Obama and Bill Clinton say?

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3