View Diary: IAN: Good Morning, October 6, 2012! (23 comments)

•  oxycodone can cause a rash (6+ / 0-)

if that's the pain med they have you on. Dad gets a rash from it and was told it was a side effect not an allergy.

by FloridaSNMOM on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 08:40:30 AM PDT

•  Off opiates for three days. (4+ / 0-)
      FloridaSNMOM, chimene, luckylizard, weck

For a complication it is mild abet painful.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 08:46:37 AM PDT

•  When did the rash start? (4+ / 0-)

Sometimes they take a while to clear up. Does your doc know about it?

by FloridaSNMOM on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 10:20:31 AM PDT

•  have they considered environmentals? like (3+ / 0-)

for instance, anything special this hospital does in its laundry, so there could be something in/on the sheets? or any surface cleaners they use? floor cleaners, whatever they wipe down rolling tables with, etc? any perfumes in any of their cleaners?

DO check for aloe vera -- there's any number of things we CAN'T use any more because they're sticking aloe vera (the great, the wonderful) into everything these days, because it's just dandy for 80% of the population, so let's put it in 100% of products. Oh, the 20%? well, we just won't think about that. My DH is in the 20%.

Wow, never heard of reacting to Neosporin! It's a staple in our house, all the little nicks & scrapes you get gardening, woodworking, being a klutz...

good luck locating the irritant (did see that aloe vera reactions tend to be hot, itchy & red, and respond to cortisone; but that doesn't actually sound much like your kitten toenail pricking??)

"real" work : a job where you wash your hands BEFORE you use the bathroom...

by chimene on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 01:01:53 PM PDT

•  What like soy in every food product made? (2+ / 0-)
          luckylizard, weck

At least I learned how to make mayonnaise and other savories that most people usually buy. I eat less of them because they are rich enough not to need copious amounts of so I eat healthier when I do.

Not in hospital. It was out patient.The initial breakout was my neck and face so the skin is now flaking off in dust sized bits. I keep it smeared with lotions to minimize the pain and hopefully the damage.

I found new welts on my thighs this morning so I know it is no where near done.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 01:23:23 PM PDT

•  I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. (2+ / 0-)
            weck, Horace Boothroyd III

It sounds like you and your doc are on top of it, though.  I hope it abates soon.  :-)

-7.62, -7.28 "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes

by luckylizard on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 03:31:42 PM PDT