View Diary: Trouble in Tennessee (Updated) (105 comments)

•  Texas has a good Democrat running (12+ / 0-)

for Senate, Paul Sadler.

We organize governments to provide benefits and prevent abuse.

by hannah on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 06:37:01 AM PDT

•  I agree. Does he have a chance of being elected? (0+ / 0-)

I still remember Jackie, in the pink suit, crawling to the back of the car to get a Secret Service man. The picture of her -black and white- standing beside Johnson as he was sworn in. No, I don't want him to go to Texas.

My personal computer is limited, can't post without tagging on. Community computer better. Pardon tagging to comments, spelling, please.

by CuriousBoston on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 07:46:11 AM PDT

•  I do believe (1+ / 0-)
        dinazina

she was retrieving part of her husband.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 08:37:14 AM PDT

•  That's what the SS agent said, yes n/t (0+ / 0-)
        •  No. You will have to show me a link I can believe. (0+ / 0-)

I've never heard or read that.

by CuriousBoston on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 12:41:22 PM PDT

•  Clint Hill (1+ / 0-)
            CuriousBoston

the agent climbing on the back of the car stated it in his memoir

'Her eyes were filled with terror,' he wrote. 'She was reaching for something. She was reaching for a piece of the President's head.'
            That is from a Daily Mail online.  That was the first one I found but find links to Clint Hill's memoir or even read his memoir.

Personally, I've always thought she was reaching for something and didn't ever realize that some thought she was helping the agent onto the vehicle.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 01:46:46 PM PDT

•  I was in the sixth grade. Don't remember it in the (1+ / 0-)
              newfie

news or papers. Perhaps it was kept private, or kept from me. I have not read Clint Hill's memoir, only knew he suffered much guilt. Perhaps I will be able to read it now. To many, the Kennedys' are rich, a feeling entitled family, to others, a worshipped can do no wrong clan. To me, they are real people. Flesh, blood, emotions, weaknesses, family problems, causes of death, cutters of red tape for people I know. People that I helped reach them.

Many conflicting feelings about the family. Difficult to discuss with other people, to read the books.

by CuriousBoston on Wed Oct 03, 2012 at 05:39:52 AM PDT

•  Clint Hill only recently published (1+ / 0-)
                CuriousBoston

He had vowed never to write about his experiences from what I understand.  Had to deal with the guilt of not being able to protect Jackie from the pain of having her husband killed (he was her agent).  I think in the end he found the writing of his memoir to be quite cathartic - although at the link I included there is a portion of an ABC interview and you can see how he is still pained by the memories.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Wed Oct 03, 2012 at 06:37:16 AM PDT