View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Polling Wrap: Attack of the Republican Snap-Pollsters (306 comments)

•  Well we'll have to disagree (1+ / 0-)
    savvyspy

Romney may not have gotten away with telling untruths if his opponent had called him out on any of it.  Romney wasn't that good, it was just that Obama was that bad.

People here think that Romney is basically a monster, and people on the right-wing sites think President Obama is a America-hating black socialistic communistic Muslim.

Neither picture is anywhere near accurate.  I have much more of a problem with GOP base; the Christian right and the "teabaggers" than I do with Romney himself, who is basically just a politician with no minimal core values who does what he needs to do to survive.

WI-8 independent. Very reluctantly for Obama but support Tammy Baldwin with a bit more enthusiasm. Strongly opposed recall of Gov. Walker.

by WiscIndy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 at 09:23:15 PM PDT

•  Welcome, UID #576,736. (2+ / 0-)
      askew, vcmvo2

We look forward to hearing more about these 'cultural issues' that make you such a reluctant supporter of Prez O. The Prez & I go way back, as fellow natives of Hawaii, so his 'cultural issues' are my cultural issues.

I suspect we might have a problem.

Ho'oponopono. To make things right; restore harmony; heal.

by earicicle on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 01:32:49 AM PDT

•  I think you misunderstand (0+ / 0-)

Cultural issues, such as equality for women, choice, gay rights, sexual freedom, secularism etc, as well as the Supreme Court which decides these issues are why I am voting for Obama.  If not for these issues and the importance of them to me, I would probably vote for Romney.

by WiscIndy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 07:19:17 AM PDT

•  If Obama had called him out on it? (2+ / 0-)
      vcmvo2, earicicle

Obama - your tax plan will cost $5 trillion.
      Romney - no it won't
      Obama - yes it will
      Romney - no it won't.

What more would you like Obama to do?

Obama - this 716 billion line is crap - Paul Ryan voted for the same thing and it won't cut benefits.
      Romney - you cut 716 billion
      Obama - no, I didn't
      Romney - yes, you did

Obama - You were in favor of Romneycare, now you're against my plan. What gives
      Romney - Romneycare isn't Obamacare
      Obama - Republicans say it is
      Romney - It isn't.

What more do you want President Obama to do? Start whining and crying and asking Jim Lehrer to say he's right?

If Ed and Chris Matthews had spent half the time they were going unhinged, screaming at the president post-debate and really pushed the "Romney was lying the entire time" meme maybe it gets picked up by the broader press.

But instead, we get "See, even liberals think the president sucks."

When we stop putting leaders from the past up on pedestals and ignoring their flaws, we can start seeing our present leaders for what they really are.

by PhillyJeff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 09:12:41 AM PDT

•  this ^^^! (1+ / 0-)
        earicicle

Excellent comment!

I was appalled at Romney's continuous non-stop lying. How do you debate a liar? You can't , especially when even the moderator refuses to moderate.

Plus Romney gave the appearance of a man amped up on speed or caffeine. A repulsive performance. No integrity or dignity at all.

In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God ~RFK

by vcmvo2 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 03:30:02 PM PDT

•  A-freakin'-men. (0+ / 0-)

Rebutting the arguments of egomaniacal liars with facts is pointless. I know. I share DNA with one--my brother.

Guess who he's voting for?

Thanks, PhillyJeff. I can't believe you have to state what should be obvious to simpering pundits and whimpering Kossacks alike. Thank God the vast majority of American voters can't be bothered with this navel-gazing shit. I hear most of 'em have jobs now! ;-)

Ho'oponopono. To make things right; restore harmony; heal.

by earicicle on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 05:31:11 PM PDT

• Recommended (148)
  • Community (68)
  • Elections (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • Environment (30)
  • Climate Change (23)
  • Labor (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Josh Duggar (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site