View Diary: Melissa Harris-Perry to George Will: "Set Down the White Man's Burden" (187 comments)

•  your response makes no sense (0+ / 0-)

If you're guessing gulfgal's response, you may be right, but it has nothing to do with my twisting anything.

Election protection: there's an app for that!
    Better Know Your Voting System with the Verifier!

by HudsonValleyMark on Sat Oct 06, 2012 at 07:10:12 PM PDT

•  Dude - (1+ / 0-)
      Subterranean

if you gotta build that intricate a case, full of what-ifs and and substitutions for the POTUS to prove your point, then you are trying too hard. This country is still set up for the Majority demographic to have and be in - power. The election of an African American president while admirable, did not end racism. It, in fact, stoked the fires. You can believe what you want to believe, but I submit, as an African American (and I'm assuming you're not) that any non black person is ill-equipped  to speak on issues of race from our perspective. Mostly 'cause ya'll got no idea.

"In the battle of existence, Talent is the punch; Tact is the clever footwork. Wilson Mizner -7.25/-5.64

by mikejay611 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 at 04:07:52 AM PDT

•  but I wasn't building a case (1+ / 0-)
        Americantrueandblue

If you want to assume that I was lying, there's nothing I can do about that.

Doh! You think someone has to be black in order to figure that out? Srsly?

There are people who Just Don't Like Blacks; there are people who Just Don't Like Democrats; there are people who Just Don't Like Democrats Or Blacks; there are people who Just Don't Like Democrats Because Democrats Like Blacks; etc. It's a little bit complicated.

Election protection: there's an app for that!
        Better Know Your Voting System with the Verifier!

by HudsonValleyMark on Sun Oct 07, 2012 at 05:05:31 AM PDT

•  Lying? (0+ / 0-)

I didn't know you were doing anything other than laying down an intricate, twisting hypothetical to support your position that the other two Dem candidates would have been treated just as disrespectfully as the POTUS. I think your position is wrong, and it is moot, because it is unverifiable. No name calling here... Not personal. I don't even know you...

by mikejay611 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 01:41:00 PM PDT

•  "to support your position" (0+ / 0-)

I don't know how to make this any clearer: that isn't my position. That's probably why you're not quoting anything I said: because I never said anything like that.

Election protection: there's an app for that!
            Better Know Your Voting System with the Verifier!

by HudsonValleyMark on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 03:52:30 PM PDT

•  Ok... (0+ / 0-)
              Do you think these same folks would vote for Edwards? Or some of them would, and others would be voting against Edwards but wouldn't have a decent explanation of why? Or...?
              I think these folks folks, they voted for him or not, would not have launched the same type of attacks on him and his presidency, because of race.
              These questions aren't loaded. I really wonder what you think. Maybe you can think of better questions and answer those instead! (It doesn't have to be Edwards, for instance. But I didn't pick Hillary Clinton because that might just swap sexism for racism.)
              The way they are presented, I was inclined to believe that they were, indeed, loaded. But I am always willing to give the BotD. I also think a Hilary comparison would have been more closely correlated because attacks on her being a women would be as close to the attacks on the Potus's race without being exactly the same.

Either way, my interpretation of your post (my apologies if I was mistaken) was that you were insinuating the treatment would have been the same regardless of the candidate elected.

by mikejay611 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 at 01:36:13 PM PDT

•  I personally think (0+ / 0-)

any person, black or white, is ill-equipped to tell me what my perspective on race should be.

"The government of the many, not the government of the money" - Nancy Pelosi