View Diary: Morning Open Thread: Haunted White House (35 comments)

•  Neat story, JaxDem! (7+ / 0-)

This is certainly true:

... when you consider the amount of intense energy that was expended within the confines of those wall and you believe the claims of paranormal investigators that that energy can produce a residual haunting, then if any place could be haunted the White House surely would.
    Because the White House is both the residence and the work place for our presidents, there must be all sorts of energy swirling around. The souls who inhabited it had some incredible decisions to make that affected the lives of many millions. And the sadness that would accompany tragedy and hardship (for those presidents capable of empathy --- sociopaths excluded) would be off the charts intense especially if added to by successive presidencies.

The story of Lincoln's dream sent chills up and down my spine.

It is 62 degrees here and the expected high is 58 degrees. Sheesh. How hard would it be to do a little "observation" and realize that the forecast is off and make an adjustment? Weather Channel app FAIL.

I will not be watching the Packers game live. I am sure we will be slaughtered and I don't need to see that right before I go to bed. I do have to figure out how to record the game (just in case!!) using my old DVR since I switched around all my TV cables. My satellite went out yesterday and only one of the receivers is working now (NOT the one with the DVR). The tech can't get here until Friday. Yeeps!

Have a great day, all y'all.

Words have meaning. Our words will reflect what is in our souls.

by JanF on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:00:17 AM PDT

•  Good Morning, Jan. (6+ / 0-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the piece and you are so very right about this:

I wondered what it would be like to spend a night there all alone and I decided I would not want to give it a try.

Good luck with the cable reconfiguration.  I hope you get that dvr up and going.  I too will have to watch just a bit of the Packer's late game tonight.  I cannot watch a game that is important to me and fall asleep immediately after.

Enjoy your day and GO PACK!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy

by JaxDem on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:07:29 AM PDT

•  Football viewing right before bed is impossible. (5+ / 0-)

I have visions of dropped passes and missed tackles dancing in my head.

After I cancelled my cable, I never hooked the HD antenna signal up to the standalone DVR. The satellite receiver has a built in DVR and it had been at least a couple of years since I used the DVR for recording (I do use it for playing DVDs). It shouldn't be too hard to get the cables right.

My Badgers won yesterday. We had to watch it over streaming video because the dish was out. I have a computer hooked up to the downstairs TV and we can pull BigTen games off the Internet. After fiddling with the speed settings, it was a decent connection.

It helps to be a geek when you are a sports nut.

Words have meaning. Our words will reflect what is in our souls.

by JanF on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:30:26 AM PDT

•  By the way, the president I was thinking about (5+ / 0-)

when I said "sociopath" is George W. Bush. Beyond his excitement of having his own helicopter, I can't imagine he ever spent one second reflecting on the import of being in the White House and the souls of past presidents. Maybe because he was never really president like the other inhabitants were. He became "president" because the Supreme Court appointed him, not because of votes or rights of succession. His "soul" did not belong there.

Words have meaning. Our words will reflect what is in our souls.

by JanF on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:38:34 AM PDT

•  I figured as much. (5+ / 0-)
          His "soul" did not belong there.
          Absolutely.  That is the best (and kindest) way of putting it.

When I wrote the piece about the National Parks and watched the video I had included, I wasn't surprised to find that "W" was the only recent president to not make the traditional visit to Yellowstone National Park.  Why would he?  There was nothing in it for him.

by JaxDem on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:49:01 AM PDT

•  Also, he's not dead yet. (0+ / 0-)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens," -Friedrich Schiller "Against Stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain"

by pengiep on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 11:31:03 AM PDT