View Diary: Daily Kos/SEIU State of the Nation poll: Romney takes the lead in post-debate period (404 comments)

•  Or a very, very good (4+ / 0-)
    LordMike, mightymouse, PDiddie, pademocrat

moment not to completely piss your pants on live TV in front of 67 million people when you've had months to prepare.  Don't blame non-politicos for Obama's blunder.

From Neocon to sane- thanks to Obama- and Kos.

by satrap on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 05:08:06 AM PDT

•  "Piss your Pants"?? Shame on you. n/t (10+ / 0-)

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 05:23:46 AM PDT

•  It's people like this commenter (4+ / 0-)
        daeros, awsdirector, rubyr, megisi

who are pissing their pants. Over a bump in national polls.

•  I swear to you that I do not show the disrespect (3+ / 0-)
          elmo, keetz4, megisi

to my worst enemies that people are showing to our President who has worked his ass off under almost impossible circumstances to repair eight years of Republican idiocy.

I have so little respect for these people that it is hard for me to even be civil. They act like children, they really do. Daddy pissed me off I am angry -- WTF?

This is why we lose. Republicans are tough and loyal, they hang tight. Yet, these people will never ever take responsibility for their part in the problem, they want magic without having to work or summon up a tad of loyalty or respect or to be brave enough to remain loyal when there is a bump in the road.

by rubyr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 07:40:39 AM PDT

•  So you are saying we should be like Republicans? (0+ / 0-)

Seriously, we are supposed to march in lockstep behind Obama just because we call ourselves Democrats?

Sorry, I do not agree with that. And I thought Obama himself said, recently, that change has to come from outside Washington by people putting pressure on those in Washington. Do you think he was exempting himself?

Yes, he has worked to repair the damage wrought by the Bush years. That's why it is so incredibly important that it doesn't get turned back over to the idiots, led by Romney, who created this mess, and will recreate that disaster and almost assuredly make it even worse. This is a critical election, and when it is this close, every single opportunity matters.

Obama is our standard bearer in this fight. You may not like what I am going to say, but as our standard bearer he owes it to us to get up and fight every single battle, every debate, every campaign stop. He simply did not do that last week.

We can't afford for him not to be on his A game. You don't win if you're not, not in the championship round.

Diversity may be the hardest thing for a society to live with, and perhaps the most dangerous thing for a society to be without - W S Coffin

by stitchmd on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 08:36:53 AM PDT

•  No, I am saying nothing of the sort. That you (1+ / 0-)
              megisi

choose to perceive what I say in that way is on you. To the contrary, I am saying that as progressives we are supposed to have some benefit of the doubt and compassion. None of which are being shown here.

I am also saying that loyalty, respect and hard work are better solutions than bitching and moaning like spoiled children.

You are asking for Obama to be a super hero when he is only a man who is trying his best. He doesn't "owe" us anything except to do the best he can on any given day and I think he has done that. We owe him and our country the best that we can give.

The day you are perfect--rewrite the words you just wrote to me and I will listen.

I just wonder if you are on your A-game every minute of every day. He is campaigning and running a country. What are you doing?

by rubyr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 10:07:10 AM PDT

•  I'm not on my A game every minute (0+ / 0-)

of the day, but I sure as hell do my best to be so when I'm at my job, because I know what's on the line.

I'm not asking for Obama to be a superhero. I never expected that of him. Ever. I am saying, not asking, that he needs to be on his A game in this election especially at times when it matters.

Frankly, I am terrified of the idea of Mitt Romney as president. I remember back in 2000 when people said, "oh, really, George W. Bush can't really be that bad." Well, he was that bad, and far, far worse.

Romney as president will be a catastrophe. One that cannot happen. We don't have any room to give to keep that from happening.

So, yeah, I expect Obama to be on his A game from here on in, at least in the venues that really matter, like the debates.

by stitchmd on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 10:58:59 AM PDT

•  Well, let's hope he is. If being on his A-game (0+ / 0-)

involves wholesale lying, talking all over the moderator and his opponent and bullying, I hope he's not on his A-game. I would like to see him win on substance and as the decent man that he is.

He is running a country, dealing with at world out of control with financial crises and wars and running for President and, I think that having his back and giving him a little love will be far more beneficial than running him down and telling the world how he needs to behave.

by rubyr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 03:14:42 PM PDT

•  oh please. (1+ / 0-)
      Steve Magruder

Certain commenters are ALWAYS pissing their pants over Obama. Who was a tad flat but truthful. This frenetic Romney as triumphant winner is a media creation. He showed more fire. And he lied lied lied all the way through. And now Obama has a taste of Romney's vacuous immorality, and the next debate will be different.

•  A tad flat, truthful, and the loser of the debate. (1+ / 0-)
        stitchmd

To a guy who lied lied lied all the way through.

You can candy-coat it all you want, but that makes you just as much of a reality-denier as the poll-unskewer.

The real enemy of the good is not the perfect, but the mediocre.

by Orange County Liberal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 08:11:08 AM PDT

•  Loo, there was ample room for ... (1+ / 0-)
          Steve Magruder

... criticism of how the president handled that debate and all of it should be aired.

I'm ticked off at the tone, much of it fanned by MSNBC commentators. He is President Obama, not your frustration target, not your gardener, not your ex-wife's new husband.

I truly believe that some on the left would be slower to address him in tones they wouldn't employ on their neighbor's dog if he were white like em.