View Diary: Biden was Biden, which means brilliant. Obama will be Obama, which means... (355 comments)

•  He's Been Beating a Dead Horse for a Week Now. (3+ / 0-)
    StellaRay, Quicklund, mirandasright

And he's made sure to do it in almost every thread on this site. It does have a negative effect on this community.

I miss Speaker Pelosi :^(

by howarddream on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 06:14:08 PM PDT

•  Yes it does. (2+ / 0-)
      Quicklund, howarddream

And while I have not thrown him one donut, as I'm just not much of a donut thrower---if we could save up our donuts, I'd have a bakery full to throw---I will speak out to counter his kind of nonsense, as ultimately I think that's more effective than a Hide Rate.

I'm glad to have your company in that effort. And btw, I miss Speaker Pelosi too. Lots. What a dame!

"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues." Theodore Roosevelt.

by StellaRay on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 06:23:49 PM PDT

•  I Did Not Drop Donuts On GOPGO2H3LL at First . . . (1+ / 0-)
        StellaRay

But after the first 3 dozen "Obama blew it! He's doomed!!!!111!!!!" comments after last Wednesday, I have grown to question his intentions after his next 100 similar comments spread throughout many up-beat, optimistic diaries over the last week. He seems to be agenda-driven.

I have dropped a few donuts on some of his comments since they were thread-jacks or tired, repetitive spam.

I miss Speaker Pelosi :^(

by howarddream on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 07:32:38 PM PDT

•  I understand, and thank you (1+ / 0-)
          howarddream

for doing so.  Ultimately, the rules of this site have to be instinct driven to a point, for each and every one of us. My reluctance to drop a donut is my own thing.  You are totally correct in your choice to drop a donut on the basis of endless "thread jacks, and tired, repetitive spam." This is not something the rules of this site can or do speak to.  Again, it's an instinct thing. And I think your instincts are right.

One of the things I love about this site is that it actually does a darn good job of community moderation. Many complain about the imperfections, but I think they haven't spent much time on alternative blogs.

Fact is, this site is better set up for conversation, over the short and long term, than ANY other on the net I know of.  If you've spent ANY time on other sites, you appreciate just how WELL, Kos has configured his site.

In any case howarddream, I have enjoyed our interchange, and look forward to more.

by StellaRay on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 08:21:23 PM PDT

•  Thanks. I Try to Give People the Benefit of Doubt. (1+ / 0-)
            StellaRay

But when they keep testing my patience, they lose my respect and trust.

Weather Dude had a diary up the other day about the sudden troll infestation. People should take it seriously. There have been lots of users who have invested 90% of their comments into spreading the "Obama Lost Horribly" meme or "Obama's Debate Loss Will Prove to Be Catastrophic" meme.

Then if you try to question it or provide some kind of reasonable response, they or their enablers pop up and say you've got your head in the sand.

I find it odd, because I have yet to run into any of my Democratic friends, or people I know as Obama supporters, who invest even 0.01% of their energy into trying to paint the Obama campaign as "flailing" or "sinking."

I miss Speaker Pelosi :^(

by howarddream on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 09:11:58 PM PDT

•  Same here. (1+ / 0-)
              howarddream

None of my Democratic friends are investing their energy into the idea that Obama is failing or sinking.  They were disappointed by the first debate, but to a one, they look forward to this Tuesday with hope in their hearts.

Hope is never unchallenged. Hope scares the cynical and outrages the negative. Hope is always a risky business. It demands a lot of courage.  I've learned this in my life, far outside of politics. But when I can pull myself up and out of despair or disappointment, and BELIEVE in the better, I am always rewarded.

So now I'm going to tuck myself in, with unabashed hopes for a better tomorrow. I wish you the same, and sweet dreams.

by StellaRay on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 09:40:00 PM PDT