View Diary: Important: Why FL is slipping away (updated) (52 comments)

•  The problem is Florida is not "slipping away" (11+ / 0-)

Florida is simply close.

As it has been. As it is expected to be. As it probably will be for the foreseeable future despite our fervent wishes.

Now... saying it is "slipping away" is not troll worthy on its own. But it is defeatist language that will upset many because of its inaccuracy.

And... it IS the sort of language that trolls use in an attempt to create a defeatist mindset and demoralize the ranks.

And that is really all there is to that.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:29:30 AM PDT

•  Where in the heck did ... (1+ / 0-)
      blueoasis

'defeatist' language and 'defeatist mindset' come from?

And yes, the polls do show the numbers slipping down for Obama here and up for Romney recently, I won't cite them, we all have seen them.  Yep, FL is close.  Which means that serious people should pay attention to 'noise' from folks actually here on the ground, most especially the swing group that will most likely decide the outcome.

I condemn Mitt Romney for political opportunism in exercising his free speech rights to criticize America's leaders during a foreign crisis. Wow, I guess I just apologized for Mitt Romney being an ass.

by emsprater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:35:12 AM PDT

•  It came from your title (3+ / 0-)
        wwjjd, elmo, diffrntdrummr

I was trying to explain to you why you got attacked. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my attempt.

Florida is not slipping away. Florida is close. As it has been. As it will be. As it has always been expected to be.

Slipping away implies loss, losing, defeat.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:53:00 AM PDT

•  I haven't been 'attacked' (0+ / 0-)

but there are folks telling me that I'm wrong.

After nearly 60 years of being gay, I know the difference between being 'attacked' and being told I'm wrong.

And I know the difference between taking the word of someone  on the ground in Florida versus someone who isn't here, on the ground,  who doesn't have open eyes, ears and first hand knowledge of what's taking place here.  I'll promise not to tell you what's happening on the ground in NY, mkay?

YMMV.  Of course you know better, and know that the polls have showed no slip at all in the President's numbers in Florida lately, right?

by emsprater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 12:06:21 PM PDT

•  Sorry to have upset you (0+ / 0-)

but you appear to have missed what I was trying to say. I guess my second attempt wasn't any clearer.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 12:25:41 PM PDT

•  Not upset, just responding to you honestly. eom/ (0+ / 0-)

by emsprater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 12:30:15 PM PDT

• Recommended (143)
  • Community (70)
  • Memorial Day (29)
  • Elections (27)
  • Culture (26)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Environment (26)
  • Media (25)
  • Law (24)
  • Science (24)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Economy (20)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Rescued (20)
  • Marriage Equality (18)
  • Ireland (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Climate Change (17)
  • Education (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site