View Diary: Nate is WRONG! Today is certainly NOT Romney's Best Day Ever (109 comments)

•  Any day Rmoney doesn't shake his etch a sketch (8+ / 0-)

I guess is a good day for Mitt.  he is probably on a yacht resting his lying lips this evening.  Polls?  Don't trust any on them....they haven't called me.. have they called you?

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 05:14:01 PM PDT

•  Not once in memory (2+ / 0-)
      wishingwell, Vetwife

I've always wondered about that, to be honest.

•  do you answer your phone? (0+ / 0-)

the pollsters do a decent job, Mitt has won over the Republicans who had been keeping their preferences secret, but we always knew he'd have them, if they bother to vote.

the thing is that Joe won on issues, but he lost something in likablity, until people forget and then they'll only remember the issues and they won't remember meeting Joe. He's well known to us and in Washington but for most Americans, he's just another face in a crowd.  They'll remember that his opponent looked dazed. Ryan's numbers didn't impress anyone.

Point is issues, either women care enough to vote to maintain control of our own bodies, and the middle class cares enough to vote for the ones that will get them access to training for jobs, or they don't. We'll find out on election day, with any luck at all.

reelect the president

by anna shane on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 05:42:05 PM PDT

•  oh. my. god. (3+ / 0-)

this is cringeworthy. not you - the "i don't trust polls cuz no one called me!' nonsense.    it's beyond embarrassing. it's what the Right was doing for months. and now i see it her. ugh.

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear. Robert Louis Stevenson

by Christin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 05:56:20 PM PDT

•  Why is it cringe-worthy? (2+ / 0-)
            MKSinSA, Vetwife

I have never once said I didn't trust the polls. I was wondering why I'd never been called and wondered really if it weren't because I live in such a safe Blue District (70% or something).

The reason that I wondered this was because Nate Silver posted, in his column today, that he wished he had more data from California polls, and that this information would help him understand some other states as well that don't poll.

•  the comment was NOT directed at you at all. (0+ / 0-)

not even close. that's why it as not attached to you directly.
              it was an observation about the previous post claiming polls were bogus because no one caller her.
                i was called once in my life and i'm 200 years old.
              that does not mean they are not real.

by Christin on Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 09:17:42 AM PDT

•  Don't put words in my mouth.. I never said bogus (0+ / 0-)

I said I don't take much stock in them.  They are a snapshot.  YOU on the otherhand I dislike all the time.
                The only Kossack on here I really don't like and it is because you have some obession of hate regarding me and YOU I don't nor care to know.  Have a good life.

by Vetwife on Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 11:33:04 AM PDT

•  I was never polled when I lived in Texas, but now (0+ / 0-)

I live in Nevada and I get a call every other day from polling or ads or whatever.

•  Yes,, the bill collectors get through.. lol (1+ / 0-)
          anna shane

• Law (20)
  • Media (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • Republicans (18)
  • Spam (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (17)
  • International (15)
  • White House (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site