View Diary: Tommy Thompson' son: "We have an opportunity to send President Obama back. . . to Kenya" (110 comments)

•  The nutbag doesn't fall far from the (14+ / 0-)

nutbag tree.  Tommy Thompson is an embarassment and his son is, too.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning. Obama-Biden-Big Bird 2012

by Puddytat on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 05:10:14 PM PDT

•  He just more or less repeated what one of Romney's (3+ / 0-)
      highacidity, RickinStLouis, Puddytat

Sons said earlier this year.

•  I think you are right, Puttytat (12+ / 0-)

If Tommy Thompson had taught his son to judge people by their charater instead of their complexion or background he wouldn't have imagined making such sneering remark.
      My late mother gave me a tongue lashing when I mocked the central European accent of a local television host.  I didn't have any reason to defend what I did but considered it a valuable lesson.  After she passed away I saw photographs of a group of people she tyraveled with to the Rockies in the 30's, one of the smiling young women in the photos was Black.  Too bad young Thompson learned smug tribalism somewhere.  I hope Tammy wins, If you can afford to, please send her money on ActBlue.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan actually do believe in an entitlement society. They believe the wealthiest 1/10th of 1% to be entitled to an ever increasing percentage of the national net personal worth.

by James Philip Pratt on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 06:17:12 PM PDT

•  I'm doing better than $$ (0+ / 0-)

My time.  My pension check doesn't stretch too far, but I have time to give to worthy candidates.

by Puddytat on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 09:26:11 PM PDT

•  Yes, Puddy (4+ / 0-)
      royce, elginblt, Puddytat, JVolvo

but also---wonder if say, Malia was old enough to stump for her father and said "This is our chance to send Mitt Romney back to Mexico, where his family came from"

Can you even freaking imagine the media outrage?!?!?!?! I realize Thompson is not the president, and this will all probably go unnoticed except for here.  Still, there is no end of shit the media is willing to accept from the right, while it keeps progressives on the tightest of leashes.  And we don't even have the loony tunes on our farthest fringe that the right now boasts as their center.

Furthermore---"The father has addressed this with his son, just like any father would do." What a bunch of freaking BS.  Thompson's son would not have said that if he wasn't raised and glazed in a home and a campaign where he'd heard that kind of sentiment.

I'm so sick of republican "apologies." The least they could do is admit who they are and go with it, instead of trying to rush forth with their shallow bigoted attacks, and rush to pull them back within the hour, hoping the right people heard their initial attack, and will vote for them.

Dog whistle?!?!?!  No sir.  These comments are more like an air raid siren to the racist.

"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues." Theodore Roosevelt.

by StellaRay on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 08:36:11 PM PDT

•  I love your analogy (3+ / 0-)
        StellaRay, OleHippieChick, JVolvo

The media would be all over those comments coming from a Dem, but IOKIYAR prevails.  As a result, they're not being held accountable when their violent metaphors and symbology results in actual violence or when their RW radio and TV shills get folks revved up as they were during the recall - to attack recallers.

Of course, then the media talking heads come to their rescue with the BS "both sides do it".  They don't.  Only one side does it.

by Puddytat on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 09:28:57 PM PDT

•  Oh yeah, (2+ / 0-)
          Puddytat, JVolvo

That "both sides do it" thing drives me crazy.  Say it again friend, "ONLY ONE SIDE DOES IT" to any degree worth noting.

We certainly saw that in the recall, didn't we?  NOT ONE STORY about Democratic bulling or misbehavior.  NOT FREAKING ONE that I'm aware of.  Yet, SO MANY stories about GOP misbehavior and bullying.  SO MANY.

And just this last weekend, the shooting at an OFA site.  Excuse me, but anyone know of any shootings at Romney campaign headquarters?

Oh Puddy, today's political battles are not for the feint of heart. It requires much commitment and much hope and belief, despite our disappointments.

The recall now seems long ago and far away to me.  That's just how fast our world spins these days.  But I am so happy to carry on with you, no matter our disappointments.

In the end, the spirit of one side or the other will prevail.  I count on your spirit, my spirit, and many others here and everywhere, to win.

by StellaRay on Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 09:43:58 PM PDT

• Recommended (133)
  • Community (67)
  • Elections (33)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Marriage Equality (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site