View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 9/15 (afternoon edition) (399 comments)

•  Battleground and ABC/WP have Obama in the lead (4+ / 0-)
    ArkDem14, jj32, askew, MichaelNY

Beyond the trackers, they are the two most pro-Romney polls all cycle.

"What do you mean "conspiracy"? Does that mean it's someone's imaginings and that the actual polls hovered right around the result?" - petral

by conspiracy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:31:19 PM PDT

•  Good (0+ / 0-)

that helps, but one has him at 47.  That is a bad number for an incumbent this late.

I have really stopped posting much because I don't want my pessimism to rub off....

The bitter truth of deep inequality has been disguised by an era of cheap imported goods and the anyone-can-make-it celebrity myth - Polly Toynbee

by fladem on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:51:43 PM PDT

•  49 in both (2+ / 0-)
        jj32, MichaelNY

by conspiracy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:55:06 PM PDT

•  I was looking (0+ / 0-)

at IBD, but thank you, that helps.

by fladem on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:58:01 PM PDT

•  To be honest I was really down in the dumps (4+ / 0-)

But the numbers the last couple days are much better than they were last week. Ohio looks positive in reliable polling. The national numbers seem to be moving back a little. Rasmussen has post-debate leads in enough states to win. Even Gravis has the president ahead in Colorado. It might all reset again after tomorrow but for now I'm hopeful.

by conspiracy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:04:30 PM PDT

•  The Republican pollster? (1+ / 0-)
            MichaelNY

"Once, many, many years ago I thought I was wrong. Of course it turned out I had been right all along. But I was wrong to have thought I was wrong." -John Foster Dulles. My Political Compass Score: -4.00, -3.69, Proud member of DKE

by ArkDem14 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 05:56:38 PM PDT

•  IBD (0+ / 0-)

has a pretty good polling record over the last few cycles.

by fladem on Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 06:44:52 PM PDT

•  Only because they made a last minute switch (3+ / 0-)
                itskevin, MichaelNY, ArkDem14

In 2008, they were showing McCain within a point or two when everyone else had Obama up by several points. They were Drudge's favorite pollster. Then, right before the election they made a huge adjustment so they could say their poll was accurate.

Since we are still weeks out, it should be assume they have their regular Republican lean in effect.