View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 10/16 (morning edition) (362 comments)

•  I kind of agree and disagree with you (3+ / 0-)
    LordMike, ArkDem14, MichaelNY

I think if Casey run, he'll beat Corbett just because of his last name, and his father was really revered in Pennsylvania. I do agree he's not showing the level of seriousness like he did in '06 when he destroyed Santorum.  I hope he stays in the senate. I rather Sestak run because he shows more passion, and has a motor that never seems to ends. Like the energizer bunny.

Moderate Progressive, Born in Cairo, Raised in NY-11, Living in NJ-13.

by BKGyptian89 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:20:01 AM PDT

•  Casey's last name doesn't carry as much (2+ / 0-)
      LordMike, MichaelNY

As people think.  the old "Reagan democrats" that Casey could have coutned on in the past have trended rapidly towards extinction.  They've either died or are now in the Tea party wing of the Democratic party.

With sagging turnout in Philly in off year elections, I don't see a great map for lazy Casey to beat a barnstorming Corbett.  Now if Corbett has a scandal or what not while in office, then Casey can give it a shot.

"What if you're on a game show one day and the name of some random New Jersey state senator is the only thing between you and several thousand dollars? And you'll think to yourself, "if only I had clapped faster." - sapelcovits

by rdw72777 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:43:41 AM PDT

•  That's why we want Kane to win!! (1+ / 0-)
        MichaelNY

So she can do her job, to dig up and investigate Corbett's wrong doings.

Moderate Progressive, Born in Cairo, Raised in NY-11, Living in NJ-13.

by BKGyptian89 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:55:00 AM PDT

•  Meh (1+ / 0-)
          MichaelNY

She donated to Corbett in the past, she's going to be less than helpful.  As much as she said she wasn't, she's building her career of PA-AG, and will run for Guv herself, but only after Corbett wins re-election.

She def wouldn't challenge him in 2014, and has no incentive to help Casey get 2 terms as Guv.

by rdw72777 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:58:07 AM PDT

•  The thing is I really don't think Corbett is going (0+ / 0-)

to win re-election. I see him and Scott down in Florida as dead men walking. Hopefully the same goes with Kasich and Snyder. When that guy Kasich open his mouth he doesn't do himself any good. He better off when he keeps it shut.

Moderate Progressive, Born in Cairo, Raised in NY-11, Living in NJ-13.

by BKGyptian89 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 10:21:15 AM PDT

•  I hope you are right (1+ / 0-)
              MichaelNY

But candidates and environment matter.  if the economy is doing better in 2014, then these incumbents will look better than they do today.

And I'm not sure we have particularly strong candidates to win any of the 4 states you mentioned.

by rdw72777 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 10:31:04 AM PDT