View Diary: I’m sick of talking about “abortion in cases of rape or incest”... (63 comments)

•  I agree that abortion should be legal and safe (7+ / 0-)

for anyone seeking it, but I would not use your example as a marketing tool for this perspective.

I think we need to keep underscoring that abortion is a personal decision and someone else's religion should not dictate what medical procedures anyone has access to.

If only we could make war illegal except in cases of "legitimate" threats.  Heh.

•  It is a fabulous marketing tool. (8+ / 0-)

It is exactly the stance taken by currently fertile young women like my daughters.  Want their vote?  Quit being polite.

Polite is useless given what and who we are resisting. Polite gets Forced Birthers called "prolife" instead of called perverted Forced Birth terrorists, which is what they are.

Your way sucks the big badoody. No more little white gloves and intellectual political resistance. It is useless.

I used to be Snow White. And then I drifted. - Mae West

by CherryTheTart on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 10:17:43 AM PDT

•  "perverted Forced Birth terrorists" (6+ / 0-)

game. set. match.

•  Damn straight. Watch me do it again. (13+ / 0-)

Wherein I End the Abortion Debate.

There is nothing to 'debate.'

My ova, my fetuses, my children and my sexual organs are mine. They are not YOURS. They are not the State's. My sexual life is private and not subject to public or religious review.

My sexuality is private. Why would anyone presume to discuss it with me? Or follow me down the street trying to give me a baby blanket or wave a sign in my face. Simple. They are getting off.

A fact of women's lives, from the moment they get close to puberty and sometimes before, is that somebody is always trying to rub up against you. I am drawing a line in the sand. No discussion. My sexuality is private. Mind your own business. That is a truly American value.

Anyone who performs some action on my life/body to resolve or relieve their own desires or discomfort without request or consent from me is a rapist. That is the definition of rape.

I include in the set (rapists) those who describe themselves as 'prochoice' whose benevolence includes acting economically and morally to 'make abortion rare.' Bugger off. You are all intrusive, annoying, and perverted in your focus. Mind your own sex organs. I do not want you thinking about or doing anything about mine.

I want the Democratic Party to live up to the party platform and defend and provide for the welfare of women by unequivocally supporting safe and legal medical abortion and contraception. I am encouraged by some signs that Democrats will do so. Or if you cannot stand Democrats, vote Green or Socialist or Independent. But Vote.

Governments only responsibility is to teach human biology to those in public schools. When the Government has the Stones to do that, at the least, then we can talk. The European countries have lower teen pregnancy rates and lower rates of infant/mother mortality because they teach human biology to their children. And they provide universal health care.

I make no bones about it. My issue is Women's Health and Freedom. You could be the best thing since sliced bread on all the issues, but mess with Roe v. Wade and abortion access and your ass is mine. Figuratively speaking of course. I am no slimy terrorist.

I used to be Snow White. And then I drifted. - Mae West

by CherryTheTart on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 10:25:54 AM PDT

•  It's not true, though, that (2+ / 0-)
            CherryTheTart, phonegery

most abortions are obtained by slutty girls who like to bang. THey have rights, of course, but that is kind of a myth. Most woman who've had abortions have at least one kid at home.

"...annoyingly ethical,"

by chicating on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 12:41:03 PM PDT

•  Speaking as a slutty girl (2+ / 0-)
              milton333, sexgenderbody

. . .  who really really loves to bang, I have to tell you that I have definitely had more abortions than any woman here.

I have banged more men than I can count on all my digits at least 20 times over.

I am the FemiNazi slut all these pervert Forced Birthers dream about. I get to give my body in the service of any damn sexual thrill I choose. Nobody else gets to donate my body in the service of anything in this world.

So many men, so little time.

I used to be Snow White. And then I drifted. - Mae West

by CherryTheTart on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 12:50:28 PM PDT

•  They're not mutually exclusive (3+ / 0-)

Can't I be a slutty woman who likes to bang, and have a child at home?  Cause I do, to both.

Thought is only a flash in the middle of a long night, but the flash that means everything - Henri Poincaré

by milton333 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 12:51:59 PM PDT

•  Pervert is such a useful word. (7+ / 0-)

I live in Alabama, where pervert is code for L, G, B, T or anybody else who does anything I don't want to do. I tell 'em THEY are the perverts for poking their noses in other people's bedrooms.

Healthy people do not devote more than one hot second to investigating and controlling consensual adult sexual activities that do not involve them personally.

Just because you're not a drummer doesn't mean that you don't have to keep time. -- T. Monk

by susanala on Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 10:33:07 AM PDT

•  It's a fabulous marketing tool for people (0+ / 0-)

who already agree with you.  But if this is an issue that people actually vote on, it's probably a good idea not to offend the sensibilities of those on the fence so graphically.  I think most women agree abortion should be legal and available, but many would not like to have it just be viewed as another option for birth control for those who don't take the time or responsibility to use other forms preventively.  Seriously.