View Diary: O'Donnell shouted..Hit me Taggart ! I'll come to you (251 comments)

•  You said it, Vetwife & Vera: (66+ / 0-)
    Who would have guessed there was something lurking worse than a Bush.  We got the whole damn forest in Mittens and it is spooky.
    And GW only has one politically viable brother.  Romney has 4 out of five politically viable sons!
    I got so depressed and upset by the first debate, I literally got sick, I am still nursing a bad cold.  I just want this to be over. I have been involved in other elections, but never to the degree I am emotionally invested in this one.
    I honestly feel, if Obama loses he will be fine, but all the rest of us will  suffer, and I am convinced of that.
    I think the tension is making me ill and depressed as well.  So many on this site seem so secure of a victory; a month ago, I felt that way, but no more.  The first debate was a disaster and I'm still pissed about it.

The fact that I see so many "low information" voters saying things like "Romney's a businessman, so he'll get us out of the economic crisis" makes me want to scream.   He's not a businessman.  He's never created a product or offered a service.  He is a corporate raider.  A financial vulture.  How does that particular skill help Americans in need?

I'm a Massachusetts native.  Massachusetts HATES Romney.  Yes, he passed "Romneycare", but he made a mess of everything else in that state for the next governor to clean up.  He used the state as a political stepping stone.  Whenever he says "What we did in my state", I want to scream, "Just ASK Massachusetts residents what he did for their state!!  Why do you think he'll lose there in a landslide?!!"

I'm afraid if Romney wins, the social contract that FDR put into place may be permanently destroyed.  Plus he'll get the credit for all the steps Obama has put into place toward an economic recovery.

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?' Don Marquis

by hopesprings on Thu Oct 18, 2012 at 09:37:34 PM PDT

•  I feel the same-he's a USER when it comes to MA (18+ / 0-)

Gov Patrick needs to go out on national TV and tell this story.
      Maybe his current office muzzles him somewhat as he's in the same Job

THis needs to be gotten out there much louder because even in the debate Romney dropped hints (which undecideds apparently heard) about being BIPARTISAN and  GOOD Governor a MoDERATE

Obama didn't ever counter it, sadly so it landed as fact. (sorry to add to distress)

If we keep posting and talking and emailing and Facebooking everywhere we are maybe OFA will get it and COUNTER this narrative of Romney's Governorship forcefully

as they are not
      and that's one main way the uniformed think he is reasonable alternative
      HE IS NOT

•  The first debate was not a disaster. (24+ / 0-)

It showed the country what a nasty character Willard is. Elections are, after all, voter actions. The voters have to make a hiring decision. The pretense that it's a contest between applicants, mixing it up like gladiators in the pit, serves the interests of the touts, the operatives and the press, which finds it easier to cover a handful of people, rather than millions.
      I don't have much use for opinion polls, especially the ones that are structured to propagandize. But, if that's the only way the voters get any attention, so be it. The proliferation of polls is good news. The interest in politics as a full-time avocation, if not a career, is good news. If we're going to have government BY the people, the people have to be paying attention. We don't all,have to be involved all the time, but attention must be paid. Politics can be about the interests of the people or it can be about manipulating the people. If it's the latter, then democracy is nothing but a selection process for rotating dictatorships, which are no better than a lifetime dictatorship. That's especially true in the context of "the rule of law," when the law, having been manipulated to advantage authoritarian persons, is rendered immortal, impartial and imperious to deprive, rather than promote human rights.
      Legal is not necessarily moral, especially not in a country where the enslavement of humans was incorporated in the founding document.

We organize governments to provide benefits and prevent abuse.

by hannah on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 01:55:34 AM PDT

•  I agree 100% (5+ / 0-)

Not voting is NOT an option this time around.

by AreDeutz on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 05:08:38 AM PDT

•  "Legal is not necessarily moral" Can't agree more (6+ / 0-)

Too many people were suckered into voting for Bush because they said he was a "strong" leader. B.S. He was a BAD leader and a bully.

In 2008 I read a book on leadership because I wanted to understand what a good leader looked like after Bush.
        What I learned was that "strong" leaders can be bullies and dictators.

Hitler, Mussolini and Saddam were "my way or the high way" or bullet in the head type leaders.
        They led their people in the wrong direction. They made them do things that they must have felt were evil at a conscience level.

Good leaders take people in the right direction. Obama even with his misses is taking this country back towards a healthy democracy. It is a process. It will not happen overnight but it will happen if we want to.No one can stop that. They might delay it but it will happen. That is the "hope" that we need.

•  Yes, hannah (3+ / 0-)
        TrueBlueMajority, hannah, Vetwife

I said that our Prez could not - nor would he come out in the first debate solely to attack Mitt.  He cannot do that.  First, it isn't his style.

I was not disappointed in the least, because I believed that he would allow VP Biden to do his thing during the VP debate.  And, that’s exactly what happened.  I couldn’t wait to see the second Presidential debate, and I was not disappointed.

I agree that these debates serve only to illustrate to the world what a disdainful and unpleasant man Willard really is.  His family is not helping matters any, IMO.

Let me explain the order of things to you. There's the aristocracy, the upper class, the middle class, working class, dumb animals, waiters, creeping things, head lice, people who eat packet soup, then you. -- Gareth Blackstock, Chef!

by avamontez on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 08:45:54 AM PDT

•  Where is Jane Swift? Never thought I'd say (8+ / 0-)

that--but her insight into Romney's character could be very helpful at this point.  Remember Romney said he would not run for Gov. if Swift the acting Gov. & a Republican was going to run.  Then he proceeded to push her out of the way.  I would like Jane Swift, and Shannon O'Brien for that matter, to get some national attention in the next couple of weeks.  I think people should hear their stories.

•  Well, we have to do our part if Romney wins (2+ / 0-)
      hopesprings, Vetwife

I will not buy anything I don't absolutely need. I have a small shop, which I will close, and put a big sign in the window saying, "Closed due to the Romney economy." I have to float my shop a little bit now with my job salary, and I won't be willing to do that anymore. I am going to buy a property in Nova Scotia...just in case.

I truly think Romney will destroy the economy, just like Bush did. And I won't be here again for it.

My dog is a member of Dogs Against Romney: He rides inside.

by adigal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 07:48:31 AM PDT

•  Mass was 47th in lowest JOB CREATION under Gov (5+ / 0-)

Romney. Wish Pres Obama would have used that stat in the debates.

Funny how that 47 number keeps popping up.

Job Creation. The very centerpiece of Romney's campaign.

•  The number 47 (0+ / 0-)

...has great significance to we Sagehens of Pomona College; current students as well as alum and faculty!

Because of many of our alum in media and entertainment, the number's significance has wormed its way into some Sci-Fi pop culture as well.

It is uncanny...

by hopesprings on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 10:27:00 AM PDT

•  Where is Devel Patrick, he did such a good (2+ / 0-)
      hopesprings, Vetwife

job at the convention putting Romney in his place for lying about his record in Massachuttes. I want to see him all over the place, on every freaking Sunday talk show exposing Romney's MA record as governor.

•  Between this election, (1+ / 0-)
      Vetwife

dealing with my mother-in-law's negativity, and my baseball team sucking in the playoffs, it's been a rough October. November 7 can't get here soon enough for me, when we can switch gears from Romney's idiocy to what Obama will achieve in his second term.

"If we ever needed to vote we sure do need to vote now" -- Rev. William Barber, NAACP

by Cali Scribe on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 10:50:00 AM PDT