View Diary: #SignsYoSonIsGay - Something Amazing Is Happening on Twitter (108 comments)

•  Most of them have their pictures (4+ / 0-)

next to their tweet.

•  Got it. thanx.nt (2+ / 0-)
      Gemina13, a gilas girl

"Are you bluish? You don't look bluish," attributed to poet Roger Joseph McGough, for the Beatles' Yellow Submarine (1968).

by BlueStateRedhead on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 10:58:29 AM PDT

•  Yep...noticed that too (3+ / 0-)

Not only is the meme homophobic, it's like an embodiment of a hundred different racist stereotypes.

•  That's why I have use picture of my cat! (5+ / 0-)

And I use my DK screen name on Twitter.  I don't Tweet, but I follow about 20-25 people, mostly Rachel, Chris Hayes, PBO, Nancy P., Debbie WS, Nate Silver, etc.

"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." - Barack Obama

by Ricochet67 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 12:28:26 PM PDT

•  Dumb question from an old lady (0+ / 0-)

To follow tweets, do you still have to sign up?

"You just think you're a Democrat. You'll grow out of it." My Mother, when I was 50+

by MNGrandma on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 05:26:54 PM PDT

•  You can read tweets on the Twitter page, (1+ / 0-)
          MNGrandma

but if you only want to see certain tweets from certain people, you need to sign up and follow them.

I used an old email address in case they bombarded me, but they haven't - I clicked that I didn't want notifications of new tweets and they rarely send me email.

I get Twitter on my phone, so sometimes at lunch, if I'm not on DK reading, I'll read tweets to catch up on stuff.

With all the free email accounts, you can make an email that's just for FB, Twitter and other "junk" - I never check the one I have for FB - maybe once or twice a year and I just delete whatever is there - mostly old Farmville notifications (I don't play it any more).

by Ricochet67 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 06:28:53 PM PDT

•  Thanks (5+ / 0-)
            suesue, myboo, sharman, nola2chi, maggiemae

I was great on computers when they first became common in the work world.  I kept up for a long time, but the whole social media world has just lost me.  I'm due for a new cell phone, and I'm seriously unsure whether I want a smart phone or a senior citizen no extras phone.  Half the time, the pictures I take with my phone are of my feet, and I usually can't find my favorite grandkid pic when I want to show it off.  I either have to give up, or read the damn manual.

by MNGrandma on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 06:42:38 PM PDT

•  I know how you feel (2+ / 0-)
              maggiemae, MNGrandma

My son got me on Facebook when he was getting married so I could get to know his fiancée better while she was still in vet school.  She's from Canada.  Now it lets me keep in touch with them, she did her internship here, didn't like Florida very much, so they both got jobs in Canada after the wedding to see if they liked it there better.  So far they do, she got her horse back - he was boarded for the whole time she was in vet school & here - I think she was more "horse sick" than homesick :) and they are looking for a house to buy where they can build a barn for him.  Guess they like it - hard on us in Florida, we miss them a lot.  At least I get to see pix on Facebook and chat with them almost every night - that helps a lot.

by Ricochet67 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 at 05:17:16 AM PDT

•  I worry about that....I mean, then, the trend (1+ / 0-)
        sharman

could be "nearly every single genuinely homophobic tweet with that hashtag appears to have been made by a cat."  I'd feel sorry for the cats.

•  If that happened... (0+ / 0-)

I would change my picture to either my turtle or my son's iguana - it would be a lot rarer!  Gotta protect the furries (although the pic you see on my profile here & on Twitter is my diabetic cat who died in 2005), so nothing can hurt her anymore, but I would protect her rep & her memory!

by Ricochet67 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 at 05:10:04 AM PDT