View Diary: UPDATE: Mitt Romney Pals Around with Child Molesters (69 comments)

•  That article is not credible. (6+ / 0-)

Why not say Joe Biden pals around with child molesters since he is an avowed Catholic?

The problems at those camps are real and tragic, but dragging Mitt Romney into it because he happens to be Mormon is ridiculous.

"They are an entire cruise ship of evil clowns, these current Republicans"...concernedamerican

by Giles Goat Boy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 08:27:06 PM PDT

•  Gee.... (1+ / 0-)
      subtropolis

I didn't know that Biden had a Bain connection....

•  Connection. (7+ / 0-)

Romney hired a man as his campaign co-chair who ran a facility that molested kids.

Then Romney's Bain Capital in 1997 when he was still very much a part of it owned an education facility that tortured, molested, and even led to the deaths of children.

These are Mormon Extremists, not the whole religion.

Romney's Mormonism doesn't attach him to this. His campaign and his business investments and decisions do.

"They are unanimous in their hate for me, and I welcome their hatred" - FDR about Republicans and Wall Street in 1935

by TheNewDeal00 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 08:32:28 PM PDT

•  So what you are saying... (3+ / 0-)
        john07801, Glen The Plumber, msdobie

...is that Mitt Romney approves of and supports child torture and child molestation, right?

by Giles Goat Boy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 08:38:32 PM PDT

•  No... (5+ / 0-)

Mitt Romney Probably doesn't support child molestation and as I said in the diary, I'm not accusing him of molesting anyone.

I am saying that Mitt Romney will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means he makes a buck.

Outsourcing, fetal waste, and now molestation.

Mitt Romney has made very troubling investments and business decisions at Bain Capital. He got rich through the pain of others. He claims this is a successful business record that qualifies him to be President. I see nothing wrong with questioning his decisions.

Mitt Romney is not a child molester.

He hired a guy as his co-chair who ran a facility that molested children and owned another facility that molested and tortured children, but he's not a child molester. He just has some very interesting friends I guess...

by TheNewDeal00 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 08:44:39 PM PDT

•  Gosh, GGB, I thought your reading comprehension (3+ / 0-)
          subtropolis, Cordyc, eXtina

was better than this. The diarist clearly states how responsible he thinks R$ is for this.

The point I take is that R$ is not a molester, but he doesn't care (notice I did not say 'approves of') where the money comes from.

"I believe more women should carry guns. I believe armed women will make the world a better place. Women need to come to think of themselves not as victims but as dangerous." Anna Pigeon

by glorificus on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 09:58:53 PM PDT

•  GGB, the Salon piece is horrifying and has no axe (3+ / 0-)
      glorificus, eXtina, ardyess

to grind with regard to Mormonism.  It's an investigative piece about the centers in question and it's full of documented abuses.  No mention of Mormons in that piece other than cursory mentions of LDS in Utah.

That's one more thing to add to my long list of small problems. --my son, age 10

by concernedamerican on Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 04:10:55 AM PDT