View Diary: Chick-Fil-A : Bye-Bye (76 comments)

•  It is probably better for them to be denied (2+ / 0-)
    craiger, kurt

the variance.  Otherwise, given the area, chances are they would have opened and died a slow lingering death due to the fact that so many people would not eat there.  I lived in San Jose (Campbell, Almaden, etc.) for many years and I cannot imagine the Chik doing very well anywhere there.

"I watch Fox News for my comedy, and Comedy Central for my news." - Facebook Group

by Sychotic1 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 09:31:00 PM PDT

•  About 20 years ago (4+ / 0-)
      Reel Woman, BayAreaKen, Sychotic1, madhaus

Back in the early '90s, there was a Chick-Fil-A nearby in the Sunnyvale Town Center Mall food court.  The location closed a long time ago, although for that matter the entire mall was torn down in 2007.

I had a friend who would make pilgrimages there in the early '90s when he needed a fix of what he called "Crazy Christian Chicken."  And even back then, I refused to eat of it, and went across the way for Hot Dog on a Stick.

"They let 'em vote, smoke, and drive -- even put 'em in pants! So what do you get? A -- a Democrat for President!" ~ Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

by craiger on Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 10:33:32 PM PDT

•  My father had a business in Sunnyvale (2+ / 0-)
        craiger, madhaus

many years ago.  I am quite familiar with that area.

by Sychotic1 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 07:17:23 AM PDT

•  I live in Sunnyvale (1+ / 0-)
        craiger

I remember when CFA was there (and closed on Sunday when the rest of the mall was open).  That mall project has been a Giant Sink of Fail for going on 14 years.  Through it all, the Macy's has stayed open, which just blows my mind.  It is the most depressing Macy's I have ever shopped in.

The rebuilt Target is kind of cool, but the mall part connecting the stores (I think the Target used to be a Sears but they completely tore their building down) was abandoned for years, finally torn down, and the project owners keep going bankrupt.

There is a CFA that just opened off 237 and First.  I hear it's busy because people who moved here from the Southeast make frequent visits.  The next closest CFA is more than 75 miles from here in Fairfield.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 02:48:45 PM PDT

•  Sadly, they are (1+ / 0-)
      madhaus

They opened in San Jose not too terribly long ago and I hear it's always very crowded.  I have not eaten there.

•  We shall see (0+ / 0-)

When the fundies all get tired of scarfing their faux bird I really don't think it is in for a long business life.

by Sychotic1 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 07:18:04 AM PDT

•  I dunno (0+ / 0-)

That place always looks busy.  Most people here may be progressive but they aren't always plugged into the politics of every business.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 02:49:43 PM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (55)
  • 2016 (43)
  • Environment (39)
  • Elections (34)
  • Republicans (34)
  • Bernie Sanders (33)
  • Culture (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (26)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (24)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Labor (24)
  • Climate Change (23)
  • Education (22)
  • Media (21)
  • GOP (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Affordable Care Act (18)
  • Texas (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site