View Diary: The Washington Post, To the Great Chagrin of Jennifer Rubin, Endorses Obama (19 comments)

•  While I'll take their endorsement for our guy (1+ / 0-)
    therehastobeaway

This bothers me...

Obama is more likely to put government on sounder financial footing than Mitt Romney.
    Because you know they're talking about austerity and not raising taxes. The WaPo is probably going to bang the austerity gong louder than most in the coming year and they think President Obama is the man who can get that done.

Sorry for finding the cloud in the silver lining but it's a gray, damp day and we were promised sunshine. Plus my pony is in the shop for repairs.

Every time Romney and Republicans mention Benghazi it proves they are the sort of opportunists that would mine for gold in a graveyard.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 01:35:10 PM PDT

•  Haha. Have faith, my friend... (2+ / 0-)
      ontheleftcoast, Youffraita

Follow me on Twitter: @THTBAW. I crush trolls with truth, boredom with snark, and ignorance with links.

by therehastobeaway on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 01:43:21 PM PDT

•  Not sure about that: (0+ / 0-)

While you are right to be suspicious of any MSM's true position, their op-ed actually states that the Jan 1st deadline is an opportunity to seriously fix the budget with both a raise in taxes on the wealthy and cuts (yes, I know, that is what you are talking about).

It sure beats the Republican mantra of tax cuts fix everything, they knock that down right away.

Blessed are the peacemakers, the poor, the meek and the sick. Message to Repug Fundies: "DO you really wonder "what would Jesus do?" I didn't think so.

by 4CasandChlo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 02:19:02 PM PDT

•  But you know the problem with that scenario (0+ / 0-)

First, any cuts have to be in the form of waste or trimming back the bloated MIC. Cuts to anything else spell austerity disaster. In fact we really need increased spending, we could achieve it but shuffling money from the defense budget though so maybe we could avoid increasing the total spending. But the Republicans will only agree to the cuts and the Democrats will go along to look like they're fiscally responsible. Then the tax hikes will be DOA in the House and filibustered to death in the Senate. Maybe things will be better than that but I'm sticking with my "gloom and doom" forecast unless we take back the House.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 02:25:45 PM PDT

•  Excellant point: (1+ / 0-)
          ontheleftcoast

I wish I could rec both your comments but my browser is not allowing me to right now.

It feels like partial paralysis not being able to rec comments b/c that is what I like to do.

by 4CasandChlo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 03:59:24 PM PDT

•  Try this, it sometimes works for me when my (0+ / 0-)

browser is having a fit and won't let me rec comments.

Click on the Time/date of the comment. This takes you to a page with just that comment, its replies, and little else. Then trying rec'ing the comment. I've found that will work 9 time out of 10. There is some script that runs when the whole diary is up that can get 'stuck' and not allow comments to be recommended.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 04:13:09 PM PDT

•  Thanks! (0+ / 0-)

I learn something new everyday.  Ain't it a grand world?

It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. - The Declaration of Arbroath 1320

by htowngenie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 06:12:41 PM PDT

• Recommended (143)
  • Community (70)
  • Memorial Day (28)
  • Elections (26)
  • Environment (26)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Culture (25)
  • Media (25)
  • Law (24)
  • Science (23)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Economy (20)
  • Rescued (20)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Marriage Equality (18)
  • Ireland (17)
  • Education (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Climate Change (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site