View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Polling Wrap: Obama with strong day in the swing states to close out the week (263 comments)

•  No I am seriously NOT a troll... (3+ / 0-)
    jj24, Beekeeper, Rei

I am a dead-certain Democrat. I am gonna GOTV tomorrow (I am a Florida voter) because I love my country and my president. I do believe.... that with enough feet on the ground we can flip Florida for Obama even if Silver has officially given up on the state.

I am just a little skeptical about RAND.... that's all.

•  not this close to halloween... (0+ / 0-)

You're a certain Democrat, ok with that, and I don't take everything Nate says as gospel, either.

I could see FL going for Obama, and doubt they'd have gone to FL if they didn't think they had a shot there.

Any successes there help to keep Romney focused on playing defense in FL, too.

•  For me it's not all deference to Nate (2+ / 0-)
        Fury, Rei

it is my own eyes too. Obama has consistently trailed in FL in the polls I've seen.

Which is the same reason I am pretty confident Obama will win Ohio and the presidency. Romney has consistently trailed there.

Supporter: "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!" Adlai Stevenson: "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"

by Scott Wooledge on Fri Oct 26, 2012 at 08:26:45 PM PDT

•  Yeah, but Gallup says (0+ / 0-)

you're not a likely voter.

The definition of INSANITY: Voting Republican over and over and over and expecting the economy to get better.

by pollbuster on Fri Oct 26, 2012 at 07:51:15 PM PDT

•  I am a likely voter (0+ / 0-)

After all, I voted on Mon Oct 22. It is difficult to find parking at the Center on W Gray in Houston. I just hope these people are mostly Democratic voters.
        I am not making bets on Obama in Harris County. I think he will win Dallas, Travis, Bexar, and El Paso Counties. Not the state.
        Democrats have quite a few judges on the ballot in Harris County; they were elected in 2008. Also Sheriff Adrian Garcia.

Censorship is rogue government.

by scott5js on Fri Oct 26, 2012 at 09:34:02 PM PDT

•  Gallup says even if you have voted, you're still (5+ / 0-)

not a likely voter if you don't know where to find parking near your polling place, and besides you need to have voted in the last 10 elections and be able to recite the names of your poll workers backwards.

And don't argue with Gallup, they nailed the elections in 1932 and 1952.

by pollbuster on Fri Oct 26, 2012 at 09:49:36 PM PDT

•  I'm no more skeptical of RAND than Gallup (1+ / 0-)
      PorridgeGun

and I'm not a big fan of tracking polls in general

Barack Obama for President '12

by v2aggie2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 at 08:34:43 PM PDT

•  Rand is not going to move for you. Dems have (1+ / 0-)
      Lightsource777

this thing for wanting reassurance from the very entities they criticize. Gallup does not like you. It will never like you. It has no intention of going lower. This has already been discussed in terms of past elections AND by the campaign directly.

Rand has no record but look at the trend lines and the different graphs you will see they have been tracking closely to the polling average until now.

And reread their methodology as to why using the same people is beneficial.

If I knew it was going to be that kind of party, I'd have stuck my ---- in the mashed potatoes! - Paul's Boutique

by DoctorWho on Sat Oct 27, 2012 at 01:07:16 AM PDT

• Republicans (29)
  • Climate Change (27)
  • Education (23)
  • Spam (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Texas (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site